Height of an enclosed trailer for Highlander?

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
mikepliske

Height of an enclosed trailer for Highlander?

Post by mikepliske »

I'm ahead of myself, but am curious.... w/ 29s, I believe the Highlander stands 7'6" tall.
Can an enclosed trailer be < 9' tall?
Can the bed of the trailer be low enough to accomplish this?
yeah, I have a 9' x 16' garage door, in a 28'w x 30'd garage.

Just wondering if I can make a trailer fit?

Thanks,

Mike
Clark in AZ
Veteran Member

Re: Height of an enclosed trailer for Highlander?

Post by Clark in AZ »

I think it will fit. I was looking at an enclosed trailer for my SuperSTOL and it was 26 long x 8 ft tall.

Clark
Building SuperSTOL Kit 512
Cave Creek, AZ
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

I have a SuperSTOL XL, I didn't think a SuperSTOL would fit in an Enclosed Trailer.
Clark in AZ wrote:I think it will fit. I was looking at an enclosed trailer for my SuperSTOL and it was 26 long x 8 ft tall.

Clark
AV8R Paul
Certified Light Sport Repairman LSRM-A
Clark in AZ
Veteran Member

Post by Clark in AZ »

Yes Paul, a regular SuperSTOL can fit. There is a guy (Mark Sorenson) in GA building trailers for SuperSTOL's and Highlanders. Steve Henry has one and has put his SuperSTOL in it. I've attached their brochure...

Clark
AV8R Paul wrote:I have a SuperSTOL XL, I didn't think a SuperSTOL would fit in an Enclosed Trailer.
Clark in AZ wrote:I think it will fit. I was looking at an enclosed trailer for my SuperSTOL and it was 26 long x 8 ft tall.

Clark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Building SuperSTOL Kit 512
Cave Creek, AZ
mikepliske

Post by mikepliske »

I just chatted w/ Brandon Sorenson.... at the number on the brochure. (he's at SnF right now).

He'll get back to GA tomorrow, and measure the difference- from the floor of the interior, to the ground.
Based on same diameter trailer tires, that difference can be added to the interior height and basically be (maybe plus a couple inches for the roof structure) the total height..... and w/ no a/c unit on top, should be a good gouge to total height.

I need no more than 9' total height trailer....as that is the height of my garage door.

thanks for posting the brochure.

Mike

Return to “Just Aircraft”