Finally Got A Ride in a Highlander - Cool!

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Wes
Premium Member

Finally Got A Ride in a Highlander - Cool!

Post by Wes »

Well, after owning and working on a kit for 2 years, I finally got a ride in one of these airplanes, - and it was FUN!
Flew up to Deland, (FL) in the rain on Sun and met Lynn Gardner (see pic of her plane) and watched her demo the STOL capabilities of her plane. Unfortunately, I was so infatuated with the flying, I forgot to take pictures.
It was very impressive by any standard! You can read performance specs all day long, but to actually see somebody make the airplane DO IT, incredible!
Anyway, the flying conditions were crappy (rain showers and wind, and traffic), but it was a kick to fly!

Keep building!

Wes

kit #95
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kit # 95
Low and Slow - The only way to go!
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Lynn's highlander

Post by b1x4nqb »

Wes,

Can you get me a contact for Lynn.  I'd like to talk to her about her exhaust.  I have the same one sitting in my shop.  Out at Oshkosh she had it pointed at the landing gear and it was leaving dark marks from the heat.  From your picture here, it looks like she added an exhaust muffler to it.  Not sure but it looks like it from this shot allowing the heat to pass under her plane instead of cookin' it.  If you can speak to what specifically she did (also parts #'s) or pass me a contact or this onto her I would appreciate it.  I'd like to prep for that day of mounting.

Thanks,
Paul
Wes
Premium Member

Highlander Exhaust

Post by Wes »

Paul,
Here is Lynn's web site with phone number: http://floridalightsport.com/
She is a really cool lady and loves to talk to Highlander folks.
I'm posting a couple pics of the exhaust attachment,  -might help.
My uneducated opinions from hearing the the engine run at Deland, it is incredibly quiet standing next to it on the ground, but in the air, I had the feeling I was in a noisy airplane. Don't know why. All very subjective stuff, but flying back home in the ol' Skyhawk with standard old Dave Clarks on, it seemed quieter.

Wes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kit # 95
Low and Slow - The only way to go!

Return to “Just Aircraft”