Weight and Balance

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider
Veteran Member

Weight and Balance

Post by scubarider »

Could anyone please send me by email: dcormier@pioneerresa.org   or by private message if you want, a copy of your weight and balance when you got your plane certified by the DAR?  I need an example to go by.  Thanks!!!  
Also, they want a three view drawing of the plane.  Any ideas on this one.  If you have an example of what you turned in that would be of great help also.
Thanks again!!!   :P
Dennis
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!
scubarider
Veteran Member

Thanks Dave

Post by scubarider »

Thanks Dave for the Weight and Balance for the Highlander.  I like the format you used.  
Does anyone have one for the Escapade?
:D
Thanks
rgmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rgmullins »

When I had my trike registered ELSA this summer, they wanted 3 pictures of it. Did they say it had to be drawings?
scubarider
Veteran Member

pictures

Post by scubarider »

It said pictures or drawings.  Was not specific on number or anything and can't find the FAA regs on it that explains.  I will have to call my DAR again to see what EXACTLY they require.  Hope to get it all done pretty soon.  Maybe for Christmas!  :P
gme9261236
Veteran Member

Post by gme9261236 »

Hey guys,
Reviving this thread. We are looking to do the weight and balance this coming week and from what scuba said it seems as if dave has a good example for the highlander. Dave if you are out there could you help us out? Shawn.Mercer@comcast.net

We have no clue where to start besides maybe 3 bathroom scales or something similiar? We also do not know how to calculate the most forward and aft CG
DaveU
Veteran Member

Post by DaveU »

I will attach a word document that is my Weight and balance sheet.

The plane must be weighed with it level side to side and in level flying attitude.  I used 2 bathroom scales, weighed the mains with it in level flight attitude, then took the scales out and put one under the tail, making sure it is level again, and then you have the 3 variables for the w&b.

Just plug in the weights for most forward cg (light pilot with minimum fuel) to most aft cg (fat pilot, fat copilot, full fuel and the kitchen sink in the baggage-but not over 1320 gross).

My build manual had a blank w&b in the back, that is where the arms came from.

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Just Aircraft”