Cabin Heater Picture

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider
Veteran Member

Cabin Heater Picture

Post by scubarider »

Just wanted to share the cabin heater I just installed.  I bought it off of Barnstormers.  Works off of the heat from the antifreeze.  Puts out a load of air.  Hope it is hot air once I finally crank the engine.  Fits perfect right behind the instrument panel.  Will come up with a piece of fabricated fiberglass to install a custom vent.  Happy Holidays!   :P
Dennis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!
Roger
Veteran Member

Heater

Post by Roger »

Good Morning Dennis:
What's the amp draw?
Roger
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

Roger,

You'll see in another post about heaters that it draws 3.5 amps and weighs 4lbs.  Sport Aviation out of Red Wind, MN (612) 419-462.  

Paul, PA
scubarider
Veteran Member

amps

Post by scubarider »

I like to look at the volt meter to check what it draws.  I am getting right at a 2 amp draw without motor running.  It is just a little fan motor.  Hope it works good.  Getting cold here in the Georgia Mountains!   :x
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

Dennis,

What else would draw 2 amps in it besides the motor/fan?  I figured you would be at 0 amps without the motor running as coolant would just circulate.  Then 2 or 3, etc with it running the fan.  Does a motor draw amps just by being in the circuit or is their somethign else making the draw of 2 amps your seeing with the meter?
Paul, PA
scubarider
Veteran Member

nope

Post by scubarider »

Nope, that is all that would draw amps is the fan motor.  The heat is generated off of the coolant as you said.  Hopefully I made a good choice here.  My only concern would be that it cools the antifreeze too much since I would be cooling it at the heater and at the radiator.  We will see.
D

Return to “Just Aircraft”