Page 1 of 1

100mph+ endorsement

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:56 am
by scubarider
Has anyone got the 100mph+ endorsement?  What is required?  I can't find that answer anywhere.  Suggest anyone to do this in my area?


PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:49 pm
by scubarider
I just got an email from EAA with the location of the requirement.  Basically the instructor must log both ground and flight training.  Then log those requirements were met.  I can't seem to find anywhere exactly what is required for ground and flight training.  
My next step will be to try and find an instructor around here.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:31 pm
by DaveU
I understand that this endorsement is just for sport pilot certificate holders.  61.327 states that there is need for a log book endorsement if the craft is capable of Vsub h of 87 kt cas.    I would guess that the instructor that did the check ride for the light sport aircraft could give you that sign off as part of the training already recieved.  

I am not sure that the Escapade will exceed 87 kt cas.


PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:36 pm
by Johnny C!
I'm hoping to approach 120 mph cruise with
things like wheel pants & a few other areas
to clean up.  But I'm going to register mine
as Experimental & fly it on my CIII.

Merry Christmas!