Parts

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Lynng
Veteran Member

Parts

Post by Lynng »

Is everyone getting the parts they need with the kit?

Lynn
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
KevinC
Veteran Member

Parts

Post by KevinC »

Lynn,

Eventually.  Inventory check-off was not a strong suit, but I've always had good response.

Hope you're having fun in the sun - we're having snow....

k
scubarider
Veteran Member

hey Lynn

Post by scubarider »

Hey Lynn,
  We have all commented on this subject here and pretty much agree.  Getting the correct parts, getting the part at all, getting it right on the inventory list, the correctness of the manual are all problem areas.  It is my only major complaint with Just Aircraft.  On the other hand, we all pretty much agree that whenever we call they are right on top of it.  Whenever I had a problem or a missing part both Troy and Tim were right there to get it solved.  Troy even drove over to my hangar to reweld a couple parts that were not correct.  
Dennis
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!
rgmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rgmullins »

Same experience here. When I picked up the kit, Tim handed me a parts list and didn't say "call me if you're missing anything" he said "call me and tell me what you're missing." To their credit, they have never questioned anything I have called and said I was missing, even though a few times it turns out I had it and just had it misidentified. My biggest irritation is that over half the time when I'm told "it will go out this afternoon" it doesn't. It usually takes at least one or two more calls before it finally ships. If Troy wanted to look at a quick way to increase profits, he could do a much better job of inventory control. All that extra shipping has to be costing a bundle...
Tazz

Post by Tazz »

:twisted: Got to be kidding. Bought and paid for my kit at Oshkosh '07. Finally got the parts needed to complete the first page of the assembly instructions at the end of December (the instructions can be used as butt wipe). Still missing parts. Company support has been a big " 0 ". Went over all my issues with Troy at Sebring and he promised to address them.........big " 0 " again. Guess they figure they got my money and the "H" with me. Bad Purchase. :twisted:
Uwe Jens
Seasoned Member

Post by Uwe Jens »

Hi there
In my opinion, Just Aircraft, builds excellent aircrafts,  I live in Ecuador, South America, I bought a Highlander kit from them, you could imagine all the hell I had to go thru with the missing parts, first of all, the box in which the kit should be more resistant for an export process, the kit should be better packaged.  I had to make three extra shippings for the missing parts (engine mount, jury strouts, clamps, and a bunch of hardware)  In each of the shippings there were still missing parts. I ended to buy straight from Spruce since I was loosing control.  Anyway I strongly thank Lynn Brennan, since she is the one who helped me.  I had all these troubles after I asked them to make a double inventory check,  I was proposed that I can pay an extra charge to have someone to make this job.  I think that JA wants to expand as a company, they really need to improve the inventory pre-shipping.  I also think that the best part in the manual is this forum.  I think that I would had a lot of trouble while building the kit if it wasn´t for it.
Just Aircraft needs to realize that not everybody can call them or visit the factory for any detail on the kit building.
Regards,
Uwe/. :)
rgmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rgmullins »

I called JA this morning to check on the status of some parts and was told that Tim no longer works there. I gave the information to Lynn and she said she would call me back. About an hour later Troy called me to apologize for the delays, claims he didn't realize how bad this problem was, and is going to fix it. He asked that I post this and promised that it's going to get better. Sure hope it happens. As much as I like the airplane, it would have been difficult to recommend the kit to anyone.
Rick Mullins #144
Cincinnati
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

I couldn't begin to explain my frustration to get parts.

Return to “Just Aircraft”