SUCCESS and some problems fixed

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

SUCCESS and some problems fixed

Post by scubarider2 »

Well, had some success today in firing up the ole 912S.  One turn and pooof  :shock:   fired right up.  And did the 12 degree pitch on the Warp and it is perfect.  Idles at 1800rpm and goes right to 5800 sitting still.  
One problem I found was leaking oil at the oil tank fitting.  So, took off the "in" location.  WRONG fitting, was a male end fitting to a male end.  OF COURSE IT IS THE TWO FITTINGS THAT "JUST AIRCRAFT" SENT ME WITH THE FIREWALL FORWARD KIT.  Both were wrong.  Luckily, I had the ones sent with the tank.  Those were both female ends which stopped the leaking.  
Another problem I had was fuel coming out of the tank cap.  First I thought I had filled it too much and it was coming out of the breather tube.  WRONG.  It was coming out around the cap.  Bad.  Pulled it, cleaned it, checked it, tight fit it seems, but still leaking.  Will switch sides tomorrow to see if that might help, if not then there is another part having to order.
I did run it down the runway without taking it to the air.  I went up and down and up and down just like a "real" pilot.   8)
Tomorrow after another full check of everything I can check, off to the blue blue sky.
Will do some video tomorrow.
:D
Dennis
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Congrates Dennis, You didn't mention it but I assume you did your engine breakin procedure. I can't wait until that moment.

Steve
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

break in

Post by scubarider2 »

It is my understanding after warming to operating temps run to max rpms then....?  :?:
I did not believe there was a true break in procedure for the 912S.  If so, nothing I have read talks about it.  I know I did long procedure for the 582 that I had which is a 2 stroke.
Dennis
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Dennis,
Your right, I was thinking of the carb sync process,  There is no start up process like my 503 or 582.

Steve.

Return to “Just Aircraft”