Page 1 of 1

jury strut bracket attached by bolt to wing spar???

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:57 pm
by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Our manual says to use a bolt into the wing spar for the jury strut bracket, which I can't see as even doeable.
Is anyone riveting them to the spars? Thanks

wrap around

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:22 pm
by scubarider2
My brackets they gave me to attach the jury struts wrapped arount the struts then clamped tight with a bolt through the jury strut.  Is that what you are talking about?
Dennis

Re: wrap around

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:24 pm
by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
scubarider2 wrote:My brackets they gave me to attach the jury struts wrapped arount the struts then clamped tight with a bolt through the jury strut.  Is that what you are talking about?
Dennis


Nope, it's where the bracket attaches to the wing spar itself.

oh ok

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:35 pm
by scubarider2
oh...ok....I believe what I did {since it is covered now can't remember}.  But I believe it called for rivets and epoxy.  I am pretty sure.  Bolts?  Can't see that working on the spar.

Re: oh ok

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:47 pm
by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
scubarider2 wrote:oh...ok....I believe what I did {since it is covered now can't remember}.  But I believe it called for rivets and epoxy.  I am pretty sure.  Bolts?  Can't see that working on the spar.


I can't either but that's what the manual says. Even specifies part W0700.00 bolt!
I'm going with solid core 1/8" Cherry max rivets and epoxy I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:59 pm
by b1x4nqb
I gave up on the manual long ago and just riveted with epoxy each one.

Paul, PA

jury strut bracket

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:27 pm
by KevinC
Honest to God truth - can't remember if I even looked at the manual on that one.  I riveted/glued because that's what I saw at Walhalla.  Here's the only picture I have of that process.

k


Image

Re: jury strut bracket

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:22 pm
by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
KevinC wrote:Honest to God truth - can't remember if I even looked at the manual on that one.  I riveted/glued because that's what I saw at Walhalla.  Here's the only picture I have of that process.

k


Image


Yeah, that's what we're doing. One of my helpers was looking at the manual. The 53" measurement seemed reasonable.