E-LSA Repairmans Course

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

E-LSA Repairmans Course

Post by ftcaruso »

As I had mentioned previously, I was not able to build my Highlander project within the 51% rule, so as to license it as an “AB”, and was forced to go the E-LSA route instead.  This meant that I would either need to have an A&P perform my annual condition inspections, or take the 16 hour FAA course and get my repairman’s certification.  Not having the degree of “hands on” experience as you guys, I felt it worthwhile to take that EAA workshop in any instance.  I did so this past weekend, in Lantana, FL (just below West Palm Beach), and found it to be a worthwhile exercise.  The EAA is quite specific in emphasizing that their course is not geared to train you to do your own maintenance and repairs, but rather  to allow you to certify that the aircraft is in a safe and air worthy condition..  I found it thorough and comprehensive in content, and a good option to the expense of a yearly A&P inspection (although with my limited mechanical experience, I will probably try to work with one for first go-around this December.)  For those of you that have built your own E-LSA aircraft, this mechanical concern will not be a problem and the course will rather show you how to dot all of those “i’s” and cross those “t’s” enough to keep the FAA happy.

Frank
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

need it too

Post by scubarider2 »

I need that course also.  I just can't seem to find the weekend course anywhere around the North Georgia area that is drivable.  I keep searching with no luck.
How about the 100+ mile sign off as well.  Are the rest of you sport pilots getting it?
Dennis
Tazz

Repairman course

Post by Tazz »

F.Y.I.

I am an A&P but decided to take the course in Lantana as an educational opportunity. The course is well conducted and would certainly be reccomended for anyone wanting the repairman certificate.

I just received a notice from my EAA chapter and they are indicating two repairman courses to be held in the top part of Florida. The information I got was:

March 29 & 30 in Jacksonville at $299 for EAA members
April 26 & 27 in Pensacola at $349 for EAA memberl

Contact information:

G. Michael Huffman
Sport Aviation Specialties
4324 Ortega Farm Cir.
Jacksonville, FL  32210
904-206-0522
sportaviation@gmail.com

Hope this might be of help to some of you.

Return to “Just Aircraft”