Lord mounts

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
alan
Veteran Member

Post by alan »

Dennis,

Sorry, I don't know about the blue ones. There are some that are a little more expensive than the others that the catalog states are for the 912 but they are much larger inside and out.

Alan
If I had known I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Ok Alan,  Thanks.  I will let everyone know if I got the right ones and if not why, just in case someone else is doing the same.  I bought all six, but am thinking of only replacing the front two, one on each side.  Those seem to be the ones that are the worst.
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

PAM 100% natural

Post by b1x4nqb »

OK, had to get my engine back in on the new lord mounts.  They were really hard to get together due to sticky rubber on sticky rubber.  I didn't want to use oil in case it would eat the rubber over time.  I tried the spit technique but it didn't help.  I did a search and they said any natural oils like butter, margerine, vegetable, etc. would be best.  I found a can of PAM in the cabinet and it has nothing but natural stuff in it so I gave it a try.  It worked great!  Sprayed on, lubed right up and was easy to wipe off.  Just a tip from my experience for the next person stuck in this predicament.

Paul, PA
Wes
Premium Member

Engine Mounts

Post by Wes »

OK, What am I missing here (besides a detailed instruction drawing).
I have a 1/4 in mount bolt and a 3/8 in (plus) bushing ID on the provided engine mount.

Do we need this much 'slop' to mount the engine?, or do I go to ACE aircraft supply to get some 1/4 to 3/8 bushings?

Wes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kit # 95
Low and Slow - The only way to go!
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Just Aircraft makes the bushings, I did the same thing.  I didn't buy the firewall forward kit from Just and therefore didn't realize the rubber mounts required bushing.

Steve
jak
Veteran Member

Post by jak »

Hey guy's we have the bushings in stock and can ship out anytime. I use dish soap at the factory to install. Always have on any rubber part. (etc. hoses that are tight,) It lets you line things up and dries to make a good stick.   Jak

Return to “Just Aircraft”