first flight n308tp

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Billy,
Nothing ugly about that bird and the picture ain't bad either

Steve
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Outstanding job Billy.

I have noticed sometimes orange can get pinkish over time, and even when printing out on paper from a computer, or copying, it is a hard color to get true.

My amphib's wingtips are Tiger orange and the turtle hatch is actually a flourescent orange/red (I want to make it easy on the Coast Guard!). The rest of the orange trim amidships will be orange vinyl tape, as I'm sick of painting.
billy5823
Veteran Member

red

Post by billy5823 »

the pink strip is actually very dark candy red marbilized. the way the sun was on it makes it look pink i guess . thanks billy
billy5823
Veteran Member

tires

Post by billy5823 »

just so yall know i put my original tires and tubes on ebay and am going to put the tail wheel on.they had very few landings and all on grass... so like new........got busch tires..and now i have the taller gear and busch tail wheel ... have some pics sometime.....thanks billy
Neighbor Pete
Forum Regular

Post by Neighbor Pete »

Sweet ... bring on the big fat tire pics! Some of us lurkers can't get enough of that stuff  :D
Lynng
Veteran Member

WOW

Post by Lynng »

That is an awesome airplane. Congratulations!!! :D  I want to know what your closest big airport is so I know when I am in your area. That goes for everyone out there. As I criss-cross this great land of ours I want to see a Highlander or 2 along the way. Please forward your local so I can put you in my I-phone. Don't forget the Bushnell Flyin the weekend before S n F.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Lynng
Veteran Member

Bushwheel

Post by Lynng »

That photo of your bird with the mountain back drop may be a contender for PHOTO OF THE MONTH on the AK Bushwheels site....you should send it in..
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
billy5823
Veteran Member

ugly bird all jacked up on mountain dew

Post by billy5823 »

here is the latest updates to the ugly bird.......i cant get the pics to shrink sorry...... lynn i am in brasstown nc  close to krhp  abot 30 minutes as the crow flys from the factory ....thanks billy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

WHOA>>>>>>>>>>>beautiful.  I wish I could back up or shrink the pics to see it better.
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
billy5823
Veteran Member

i know

Post by billy5823 »

i know when i send them in a email they are viewable but when i put them on here they are big maybe i can send them to you and then you can post them  thanks billy
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

Try clicking "add image to post" below in blue vs. add attachment.  That is what made the difference for my posts in regards to size.
rmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rmullins »

Dennis, if you right click on the pictures and save them to your computer, the windows picture viewer will scale them so yo can see the whole thing.
billy5823
Veteran Member

trying pics

Post by billy5823 »

thanks for the help try this
billy5823
Veteran Member

thanks a bunch

Post by billy5823 »

if yo click to enlarrge then you can shrink it to 50 percent  in the right lower corner of your screen..........woooooooooa  sure and glad flying is a lot easier than these da..... computers
thanks all for the help
gme9261236
Veteran Member

Post by gme9261236 »

WOW! Those bush tires really look great. I think they really take the plane to the next level. For us up here in the northeast there really is no decent bush to put the planes down into to justify the cost. There are plenty of lakes so with the few thousand investment that would go towards the bush wheels it is over half the price of floats which is our next step.

I think the highlander looks incredible with the big gear though and maybe someday I can convince my dad on the next wheel change to at least go with a happy medium such as Wes' blue and white highlander or lynns. If one more person asks me if our plane is a Kitfox im going to lose it! The bush wheels take it far out of the kitfox realm.

Return to “Just Aircraft”