boot cowl & engine mount bolts

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

boot cowl & engine mount bolts

Post by b1x4nqb »

Was wondering if you guys trimmed off your boot cowl flush with the outside edge of your doors?  

Also, the bolts between the engine and the L-brackets, are they the ones that came with the engine in the crate?  The ones that were bolted to those steel brackets originally?  I seem to remember someone saying they were too short??

Thanks,
Paul, PA
DaveU
Veteran Member

Post by DaveU »

Paul,

The bolts that the engine were bolted into the crate with have been used.  I went and bought ones that were a little longer.  I think they had almost 25 mm of thread if I remember correctly.

I trimmed the boot cowl flush with the windsheild bracket.The door is notched around the boot cowl and then laps over the fabric on the side of the foot area.  The window sits flush behind the windshield bracket.

Here is a photo that kind of shows it.

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roger
Veteran Member

Pic's

Post by Roger »

Dave:
The close up is great. What a beautiful paint job. How about a pic from a little distance so we can enjoy the whole plane?
Roger
DaveU
Veteran Member

Post by DaveU »

you asked for it.

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Beautiful Dave!   :D
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...

Return to “Just Aircraft”