Too seat or not to seat...that is the question

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Too seat or not to seat...that is the question

Post by scubarider2 »

I have not asked anything lately so thought I better chime in or you might miss me  :lol:
I have the cloth black/grey seat covers.  I have seen several upgraded seats I think out of leather.  
If you have the leather seats...is it worth upgrading?  They look more "comfy" and contoured.  They also have more padding on the bottom I think.  Right now 2 1/2 to 3 hours is my max seat time and I bought the added cushions for my boney @ss.   :oops:
Thanks,
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
Lynng
Veteran Member

Seat

Post by Lynng »

Dennis,

I had thick seat cushions made for my seats and it was not a perfect fit.  If you have it done make the seat bottoms yourself and then take them to be covered.  That way you can play with them to find what works best.  I would use stiff "closed cell" boat foam to contour a 2-3" base with a slight bolster for behind your thigh on the forward 3-4" of each seat and cut a raised edge taper along each side of the base to keep you seat from feeling like your falling of the edges.  cutt an indentation in the aft center of the seat to let your tailbone fit down in the seat then cover with 2" of medium density standard open cell foam.  Throw a tee shirt over it and fly a few times to make minor adjustments befor you pay to have it covered.  I will need to do some real work to mine before I make a long trip.  What looks good doesn't always provide the support needed for comfort on a long trip.

Lynn :wink:
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"

Return to “Just Aircraft”