Highlander Trailer

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

Highlander Trailer

Post by ftcaruso »

A few weeks ago someone inquired as to the enclosed trailer that had been designed for the Highlander.  Classic Trailers of Sturgis, MI used my Highlander as their design prototype and did an excellent job in fitting it to accommodate the plane with ease.  I have a few photos of it on my website:  http://www.haveplanewilltravel.infounder the “Places I’ve Been” section, at the June 17th, “The Long, Long Train” posting.  A link to their website is also included in that article.  In just another week or so I will be getting started on an extensive trip hauling my plane in that trailer, and you can follow its progress via my blog.

Frank
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Frank, you really know how to travel in style, that's a great setup you have.  By the way is there some specific model  # for the Highlander trailer.  When looking at the Clasic site I can't tell which model matches up with your trailer.  Thanks for the info

Steve
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

Post by ftcaruso »

Steve

It's their Aviator Series (I believe that their designation has an AV in its model number) and comes in a 26' interior,  which is plenty of room for the Highlander (or Escapade) and all of the tools, fuel, etc. needed on a long trip.  It also makes a fine "hanger"  for those without a place to store their plane when not  flying.  Mine has an 8' interior height, but I understand that they are making one for Lynn Gardner that will be a bit lower.  Because mine was designed to also transport my car, I needed  a beefed up entrance door ramp, which made it very heavy and required an electric wench to raise and lower.  Lynn's is being designed for plane transport only, and will have a self balancing door mechanism which will allow for hand raising and lowering.  Since I plan to be doing all of my travels by myself, Troy worked on designing a ramp channel that allows the plane to track up and down with no lateral movement, and with a tie-down securing system that should help keep it in place when towing behind the motor home.  Once I get back to Tennessee from my 4th holiday in south Florida, I intend to get everything in place and begin my Westward Ho trac.  If you need further info on the trailer, drop their rep, Randy Brueck an e-mail at Randy@classicmfg.com  He was more than helpful in working out the details for my unit.

Frank
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Frank
Thanks for the info, I'll give him a call.

Steve

Return to “Just Aircraft”