Kit #169

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
juliant
Seasoned Member

Kit #169

Post by juliant »

Hi
Took delivery of kit #169 this week
Managed to mount wheels this afternoon having sorted all the bits into various boxes!
Did notice that the tail wheel spring requires an AN6 not an AN5 as in the manual also only supplied an AN5 has anyone else come across this?
Also did need to do a bit of filing to the U/C legs to get them to fit I assume this is par for the course?
Cheers
Julian
NZ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tazz

Post by Tazz »

Welcome to building a Highlander. You do need the AN6 bolt and you may also need to drill out the the tail wheel spring to accept it. You will find a fair amount of filing, grinding etc. is required to get various items to fit together. "Just" the way it is. You are also going to find a huge number of errors in the manual.
alan
Veteran Member

Post by alan »

This looks more like an Escapade. Short gear, small tires, curved top of vertical stab.

Welcome to the forum Julian. Just think of all the fun you will have in the next year or so, and then you get to fly it.   :D

Alan
If I had known I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Welcome aboard.  Yep, looks just like mine with the funny little wheel up front instead of the back... :lol:
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
juliant
Seasoned Member

Post by juliant »

Hi
Yes it is the Escapade with Highlander wing. Looking forward to many a happy hour or two spent in the garage !

Julian

Return to “Just Aircraft”