Angle of Attack Instrumentation

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
cwqnee

Angle of Attack Instrumentation

Post by cwqnee »

I note from the Dynon literature that their EFIS instruments, such as the D-10A, D100, and FlightDEK-180, all have an Angle of Attack (AOA) indicator built into the display. To use this, the A/C must be equipped with the Dynon optional AOA Pitot probe. Another AOA system that I'm aware of is the Alpha Systems AOA indicator. For those of you who have either of these systems can you relate your experiences monitoring AOA?
Chuck
Sunny LaBelle, FL
rgmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rgmullins »

I don't have a lot of time with it yet, I only have about 40 hrs on the plane. In straight flight, the indicator stays at the limit of the green until the plane is really into mush mode and wallowing around and even then it's only in the yellow. It will only enter the red right at stall. It doesn't seem to me that this would really serve the purpose for an early warning. When I get a chance I'm going to recalibrate it again. I may be a problem between the seat and the buttons....

I really like the Dynon overall though. We bumped the G meter up to 3.5 a couple weekends ago coming out of the loop...
Rick Mullins #144
Cincinnati

Return to “Just Aircraft”