Outlaw

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Lynng
Veteran Member

Outlaw

Post by Lynng »

Well guys there is about to be a new kid on the block and boy dose it have an ATTITUDE. I just spent 5 days out in Wyoming flying and filming the newest LSA and I like it.  I am not willing to trade my Highlander for it, but with a little refinement it is going to be a very popular machine. I have a quicktime movie/slideshow at this link-

http://public.me.com/noyair

It will take a few minutes to download but you will be the first to see it.... beside the guys at Turbine Cubs of Wyoming of course.

Enjoy,

Lynn 8)
Last edited by Lynng on Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

Can't play it.  Downloaded a windows media player and still no joy.  Can you share a website or pics?

Paul, PA

UPDATE:  I downloaded Apples player and it worked fine.  Cool looking plane.  Look forward to seeing it fly.  Interesting paint scheme as well.
Last edited by b1x4nqb on Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynng
Veteran Member

Sorry

Post by Lynng »

Try this one

http://public.me.com/noyair

Make sure you use the right hand download arrow for the Outlaw.

Lynn :oops:
Neighbor Pete
Forum Regular

Post by Neighbor Pete »

Lynn,
Thanks for sharing those slideshows with us. They both look great! I'm assuming that you can't share tons of information about the Outlaw yet, but I would be very interested to find out more. It certainly looks like a nice little plane. I see that it has some really long flaps and should have great STOL performance I would imagine. With the tandem seating is there much space for carrying cargo? Any numbers on projected useful loads? It's great to see that the TCOW guys are coming out with an LSA (I'm assuming that's what's going on here)Thanks for anything you can share.

Pete
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

b1x4nqb wrote:Can't play it.  Downloaded a windows media player and still no joy.  Can you share a website or pics?

Paul, PA
No joy with either link...
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

b1x4nqb wrote:Can't play it.  Downloaded a windows media player and still no joy.  Can you share a website or pics?

Paul, PA
No joy with either link...
Neighbor Pete
Forum Regular

Post by Neighbor Pete »

Try saving to your hard drive and use either Quicktime or Realplayer to play. Just ran the slideshows with latest versions of both apps and they worked fine for me. I tried them in Windows Media Player as a test and that didn't work for me either, but I'm sure there is an extension available for download to get .mov files to work with WMP if for some reason you just have to use it.
Av8r3400
Seasoned Member

Post by Av8r3400 »

Very nice looking AC for sure.  

It's a shame that they didn't incorporate the (Avid-Kitfox-Just) folding wing on it.  I would much rather have a tandem than a side-by-side, but I need the folding wing.   :(
Av8r3400
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

Then you should seriously consider Stacey Schraders "Rocky Mountain Wings" planes.  They are called "Ridge Runners".  It has been said more than once that he actually designed our plane and you'll see that the planes look identical except for the seating.  Folding wings, etc.  He did come out with a side by side recently but I havn't heard much about it.   Was it called a  "Mountain Flyer"?

Paul, PA
Lynng
Veteran Member

Pictures

Post by Lynng »

I will just upload one for those having trouble.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lynng
Veteran Member

Post by Lynng »

or maybe 2...

The empty weight was 706 and it hold 22.5 gallons. The door entry is very difficult and will be changed. The cargo right now is just like a Rans S7 or PA12 but I made my suggestions for the rework in that area and they may change some things in the aft area.  Even without VG's the STOL handling is excellent I liked the stall charectoristics. A very benign all around feel roll and pitch.  The Highlander is more nimble and easy in so many other ways.
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Thanks for the PIX.
Very pretty, but it ain't as versatile as a Highlander...
Gary H
Veteran Member

doors

Post by Gary H »

Looks like they finally changed to square tubing on the doors. Wish they would have done that on the Highlander
:?
Will fly for food!!
Av8r3400
Seasoned Member

Post by Av8r3400 »

b1x4nqb wrote:Then you should seriously consider Stacey Schraders "Rocky Mountain Wings" planes.  They are called "Ridge Runners".  It has been said more than once that he actually designed our plane and you'll see that the planes look identical except for the seating.  Folding wings, etc.  He did come out with a side by side recently but I havn't heard much about it.   Was it called a  "Mountain Flyer"?

Paul, PA
Ridge Runner:  http://www.realflying.com/

Looks a lot like a Sky Raider...  http://www.skyraiderllc.com/main.htm
I saw these at Oshkosh this year.  I'd like a little heavier AC, though.  In the Highlander class (1320 - 2000 lb Gross).

Is this another chicken and egg thing, like the Avid-Kitfox relationship?
Av8r3400

Return to “Just Aircraft”