Would somebody post SOMETHING!

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
KevinC
Veteran Member

Would somebody post SOMETHING!

Post by KevinC »

Like a trip report, how great it is to fly, pictures of your latest $200 hamburger, ideas for where to stash your tools and gun, what speed to use over the fence, etc....

k
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

here's my new landing gear, wheels and bungie covers!! :D

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

stede52 wrote:here's my new landing gear, wheels and bungie covers!! :D

Steve
We're done with everything except putting the Full Lotus floats on. Starting warming up for flight testing in a SuperCub on Lake WA by doing SeaWings with extra step taxiing. Doing more warm up flights just before launching my ship.

I printed out the seaplane specific task sheets that Tim Metzinger CFII directed me to on the FAA's site and had my two different seaplane CFIIs at Kenmore Air sign them off after doing the tasks in a float equiped SuperCub.

The brief documentation process was painless thanks to Tim. The low level seaplane flights were a real blast as expected, especially the confined area LDGs & Take Offs over obstacles and of course the step taxiing. It gets off the water fast.

We did a lot of step taxiing in partial preparation for my own pre-flight testing of the STOL amphibion. For left hand step turns in the SuperCub, the left turning forces of the airplane alone were more than enough to turn it left, even with neutral rudder. I made videos of them all and will try to get them posted someday.

Now I'm waiting by the mailbox for my souveneer wings to arrive. I am disappointed that they will not have a little anchor on them like the old ones though.
DaveU
Veteran Member

Post by DaveU »

I have not been flying much, but went out the garage and found a puddle of oil under the plane.  Traced it to the oil line off the bottom of the engine to the oil tank.  The clamp was a little loose, tightened it, cleaned all the drips and will recheck in a couple days.  While looking for the oil leak source, found that the brace on my exhaust was broken and the rivets on the left muffler of the toucan were broken.  So I found some stuff to fix.  

Will try to get it put together and fly it a little this fall.

Troy called with news that I may have to switch out my fuel tanks.  He had me send him pictures of the end of the tanks and he can tell if I have the bad ones or not.  I do not look forward to fabric work again so soon.  And paint.  Oh well.  If it needs to be done, I will do it.

I am waiting to hear back from the factory.

Dave
gme9261236
Veteran Member

Post by gme9261236 »

Havent been posting much because ive been too busy flying.

Here are some non highlander pics that I snapped in the last week. Hardly as fun as flying a highlander but it pays for gas.

Sitting in the back getting a ride back home..strange camera effects.

Final at KBTV

Somewhere around New York.

Dawn between the layers
KevinC
Veteran Member

Thanks for the new posts

Post by KevinC »

Thanks all for the renewed posts. I suppose I should snap some pix of me schlogging along trying to get a tailwheel endorsement in a J3.

Dave,

Wow - that is certainly bad news.  Please keep us posted.

k
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

I passed my first sport pilot bi-annual yesterday.  Flew to a local airport, he tried to get me lost.  Then right as I was touching my wheels down for the landing he yelled "THERE'S A COW ON THE RUNWAY", I showed him how well the Escapade can climb!   :shock:
I am going to a fly-in in North Carolina this Saturday with a couple guys from Just.  I will take some pics for everyone if weather permits.  
Engine and plane doing great at almost 100 hours on the hobbs.
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
Sir Real
Seasoned Member

Post by Sir Real »

Dennis;

Where in NC are you going? What Fly-In?

Kurt
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Harry from Just emailed me and told me that there will be several Highlanders/Escapades at the Jackson Co airport in Sylva N.C. this Saturday starting at 9:00.  There will be all kinds of planes there with an aviation flea market, shows, etc.  If you google Jackson Co Sylva air-show you should be able to find the info.  Hope you can come!
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
Sir Real
Seasoned Member

Post by Sir Real »

I checked. Unfortunately the distance is too great to drive (Over 400 miles one-way), and the weather here looks like it won't be cooperative for flying, although the weather in Sylva looks like it may be nice. I also don't know that I could afford rental rates for a 5 hour round trip in the Arrow I'd rent for the trip.

I suspect we'll meet at some point, though.

You've been warned...

Return to “Just Aircraft”