Fly-In in North Carolina

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
justaircraft
Seasoned Member

Fly-In in North Carolina

Post by justaircraft »

We will be at the Jackson County Airport Regional Fly-In and Family Fun Day in Sylva, NC on October 18, 2008 from 9 am to 4 pm. Please see details at http://www.smokymtnflyingclub.com. We plan to have some Just Aircraft planes there. Come one, come all, the more the merrier! Hope to see you there!
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

One, attending the fly-in

Post by ftcaruso »

I planned to be driving from Goldsboro (where I am working on Friday) back to Knoxville on Saturday, so I will be passing within 20 miles of the Jackson County airport.  So, I will drop in to see if those Just Aircraft are as good as I hear they are.

Frank Caruso

PS-  Remind Troy that I will be dropping mine off in Walhalla on Monday, along with its trailer.
Sir Real
Seasoned Member

Post by Sir Real »

Time, distance, expense & possible weather will combine to keep me from being able to make it to the fly-in. That's a drag; I'd love to meet the folks who will be there.

Will you be going anywhere closer? Maybe a bit further North & a lot further East?

If nothing else, we'd love for you to come to the Virginia Festival of Flight (Used to be the Virginia Regional EAA Fly-In before EAA quit sponsoring the regionals) at the Suffolk Executive Airport (SFQ) at the end of May.

Or if anybody feels like flying to this area (SFQ, PVG, CPK, etc) to show off their airplane, I'll buy lunch.

Kurt
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Got up this morning early to get a sunrise start to the fly-in.  Dark clouds and a ceiling of 2,000 ft made my bottom lip hang low.
Soooooo, waited and waited cause "they" said it would clear.  Waited some more.....then,,,,noon and breaking clouds but some dark ones around and all still hanging low.  Would have had to make it to 6,500 ft over the mountains to get there.  So, had to make the decision to "no-go".   :cry:
Sorry I missed everyone.
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

Sylva NC Flyin update

Post by ftcaruso »

Dennis

Well, you didn’t miss all those many Highlander pilots after all.  Gary and Harry arrived at about 10 AM after some creative VFR, shortly followed by Billy from Brasstown and his beautifully orange painted bird flown in by his passenger. Billy is the LSA CFI.  I was there with my VW Jetta, since I was driving back to Knoxville from this weeks work in Goldsboro, NC.  Weather finally cleared up nicely and it  turned out to be a good day, with a lot of VFR arrivals and an aerobatic performance by a Super Decathlon.  Since I still had to get back to my motor home before the shop closed at 5 pm, I left about 2, and there seemed to be a lot of activity around Just Aircraft.   Why not try to make the Summerville (KDYB) fly-in next weekend, since it was postponed from this week because of the weather.  I would be there myself, except we have to catch a cruise ship leaving from San Francisco that day.

Frank
billy5823
Veteran Member

pleasure

Post by billy5823 »

it was nice to meet you frank ....... i enjoyed talking with you about your big trip........like i said when i grow up i am going to to that............dennis i understand, i had to climb up over the runway to 5000 to punch through a hole after about 2 trys.....but once io got on top it was great and there were plenty of holes on the way to get back down, hate you couldnt make it.........it was a good day ............ thanks billy

Return to “Just Aircraft”