Highlander/Escapade Cabin Covers

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Steve, thanks buddy for taking a look for me.  I plan on putting it on when I get it and taking some pics for everyone interested.  I hope the red does not fade to PINK  :oops:    I only plan on using it when I go on overnighters.  I just don't like it sitting out so easy to get into.
Thanks again Steve!   :D
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Dennis,
I saw the color and it is definitely not pink, it's a nice red with the black edging it looks great.  You should be seeing them any time.

Steve
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Got my cover!  Yippie.... :D   Looks great.  I do have several problems though.  The distance between the two cut places by the windshield and wing are too short.  No matter how I position it there is exposed windshield.  This will definitely let in the rain underneath it.  Also, I gave them measurements for the antenna.  They did not cut out anything for it and it does not fit in the back.  See pics.  Anyway, I did email them asking for their suggestions.  
Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday week!!!
Dennis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Dennis,
They told me you didn't have an antenna back there but I thought you did.  They definitely misunderstood something.  I"ll be talking to them this week about the fitting of your cover.

Steve
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Thanks Steve, have not heard from them yet.  I did tell them about the antenna when I called.  I called back with the measurements from the front, the back and the sides.  I can always cut a slit up the back and tie it together with velcro myself.  The cuts on the front are a different matter.  I might be able to add some material under the cuts to add the length but that would mean sewing them on.  
Thanks again Steve,
Dennis
p.s. the color is beautiful and the stetching is fantastic.
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Dennis,
I talked to the cover people last week and it looks like they forgot to put one piece in the wing root area which covers that hole you have at the leading edge. After looking at mine I can see that is a piece left out.  Also could you give me a measurement from the middle rear attachment screw of the turtle deck to the aft end of your antenna base and length of your antenna base itself.  I want to make sure the have the hole right for your antenna.  I'm bringing my cover to them this week to compare it to yours.

Steve
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Steve,  thanks so much for following up with this.  I know it really is not your responsibility.  They called me today and asked for the same thing.  I plan on emailing them the information.  They told me that they asked you to bring yours.  I don't believe that they believe me when I say I pulled it up as tight as it would go and still have the holes showing on each side.  hmmmmmm
Anyway, she told me that she would get it worked out no matter what it takes.  Good company!   :D
Dennis
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

I did the measurements and sent them to the company as well....but the measurements are:
1 1/2 from turtledeck screw to base
4 1/2 in. total for base
23 in. length of antenna to turtledeck
Thanks!
Dennis
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

thanks Dennis

Steve
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Dennis,
your cover is in being fixed.  I brought mine up and we looked at both.  Found out that the adjustments they made to get mine to fit so well were not then transfered to the original templates. They shouldn't have this problem again. I've got them going thru all the templates against my cover to make sure the are all correct.  Your antenna cover is also correct now.  Sorry for the trouble but I'm pretty sure it won't happen again.  

If anyone else might want to get covers for the Highlander, get with me and we can go over anything which out of the ordinary about your plane so the cover is built correctly the first time.

Steve
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Thanks Steve, look forward to getting it back.   8)
Dennis
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Steve, just wanted to let you know that I received my cover and put it on today.  Fits perfect, custom fit.  Whatever they did worked great.  Easy to put on, light, and looks fantastic.  Take a look at the pics.  Please let your folks know how happy I am and you can share these pics with them if you like.
Thanks again for all your help.
Dennis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Now that's the way it's suppose to fit. :lol:

Steve

Return to “Just Aircraft”