Highlander/Escapade Cabin Covers

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
stede52
Premium Member

Highlander/Escapade Cabin Covers

Post by stede52 »

Pilots,
I'm working with an aviation cover company here in the Seattle area to make covers for the Highlander. At this time we've got a cabin cover which covers the windshield over the top to the aft end of the turtle deck and both doors. The cabin cover is made of Sunbrella with a soft non-scratch inside liner. We also have a number of canvas and edge binding colors available at no extra charge. Silver reflective sun block covers which fit on the inside windshiield, sun roof and lexan turtle decks are also available.  We also made a light grey mess screen which blocks direct sun thru the sun roof yet it allows you to see thru it. Really works well! Its easily attached to the the false rib brackets with bungeed hooks. All the covers come with a bag and your "N" can be sewn on the cabin cover for an additional $15.  I'll have pictures and pricing of all the pieces in the next couple of days.

Steve Dentz
Carnation, Wa
Gary H
Veteran Member

covers

Post by Gary H »

Works and fits really nice, Thanks Steve
 :D
Will fly for food!!
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Wow, I am having a guy here do a custom cover for me using the sunbrella material as well.  I am very interested in the sun visor though.  Please let us know the prices.  The guy here has not started on mine so might just go with what you have.  THANKS!
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Dennis,
Here are the prices (less shipping) I know now:
Cabin cover - $500
Windshield and sun roof sun shield (comes as set)- $40
Mesh Sun Shield - $17
I'm also trying to get the Cabin cover costs lower some how, maybe if more then one is odered, I'll let you know.
I'll have pictures and colors for the forum by the end of day

Steve
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

here are some pics of what the cabin cover looks like:
The cost of the cabin cover is $465 + shipping for out of state sales, add 8.5% state tax for Washington customers.
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

here is the sun mesh for the sun roof and sun shield for the windshield. The sun shield for the sun roof fits in the same position as the sun mesh. As you can see by the pic from the top of the mess the wing struts are visible thru the mesh.

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Here's just a picture of the N-number embroidery for an additional $15.  I didn't get a chance to get the color selection yet.  If you're interested in any of the about please email me at stede52@comcast.net or give me a call at 425.417.7943

Steve
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Looks good Steve. Will they be making covers for the fuselage, tail, & wings too?

A guy I know with an old SuperCub covers his whole plane with the fitted covers and leaves it out year round in Seattle weather.
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

yes they do and I think they took all measurements off my when they measured it for the cabin cover.  I"m going to be talking to them tomorrow again. They can make them out of a very light weight material if you plan to transport the cover with you in the plane or they can make it out of the heavier sunbrella material.  Troy asked me to get pricing for a full cover with the light weight material. I'll get the full cover pricing with both the light weight and sunbrella material and post it in a couple days.

By the way they told me today that colors other then the light grey and red has an additonal 10% cost.

Steve
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Steve,
 How do we go about ordering?  Payment?
Just let me know.  Thanks,
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

The company is called Aviation Covers, http://www.aviationcovers.com/ Inc, Arlington, WA, 360.435.7100 or toll free 800.940.0342. They will take your orders and money. Just let them know that you heard about the covers on the Just Highlander forum.
If you are not sure what you want I can also help with additonal discriptions of the different items and how they are attached.

I'm still working with them on a full aircraft cover design made of the light weight material. If anyone is interested in a full aircraft cover made of the sunbrella material, it can also be done. I'll let you know what we come up with then get suggestions from the forum on improvements.

Steve
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Correction on the sun shield pricing
Front Sun Shield: $32.50
Sky Light Sun Shield: $15.00
Mesh Sun Shield: $15.00

Steve Dentz
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Just wanted to let you know that I called the company today, got the measurements of the antenna and will be calling tomorrow to make the order for a cabin cover.
Thanks Steve!
Dennis
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Dennis,
that's great. it really do fit nice. The one thing I would also recomend is the mesh sunscreen for those hot sunny days (many, many months from now :( ). If you think of it have them write your N-number on the bag the cover comes in.  It's hand written in a heavy gold pen, they did it for me for free.

Steve
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Dennis,
Checked on your covers yesterday, they should have been completed them by end of the day.  The red really looks nice :D

Steve

Return to “Just Aircraft”