Sun-N-Fun

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Sun-N-Fun

Post by b1x4nqb »

Having only been there once, this year I'm planning on returning but staying locally.  Any recommendations on affordable housing?
Gary H
Veteran Member

sun&Fun

Post by Gary H »

Steve and I are planning on going,,, looking for the best place to stay. Any bed & breakfast's in the area?

Does anyone know if the outlaw is for sale yet??

:lol:
Will fly for food!!
Roger
Veteran Member

Red Rose Inn

Post by Roger »

My wife and I stopped by a Holliday Inn Express a few miles west of Lakeland and asked the price of a room. The girl at the desk said it would be $27?.00 per night. Like so much b.s. says I. So we left and headed back down the interstate toward Tampa and about a mile or two west of that place and on the south side of the interstate, we saw a sign for the Red Rose Inn. It was an old Ramada Inn that had been remodeled and looked pretty nice. We priced it and the lady at the desk said a room would be $89.00 dollars a night. Best decision I've made in a while. They have a nice pool, weight room, and a nearly complete complimentary breakfast. Scrambled eggs, sausage gravey, waffels,cerial, juce, etc., etc. and on top of that, the lady serving the breakfast, was the owner. Very nice, and a really nice room as well. Very well appointed, with real hardwood cove molding etc. I highly recommend it. Looked to be around 150 rooms or so.
Roger
Gary H
Veteran Member

Motel

Post by Gary H »

Thanks Rodger, Could you get us a phone number. I'd like to make rsv.
Thanks
Gary
Will fly for food!!
Roger
Veteran Member

Motel

Post by Roger »

Hi Gary:
The phone number and address for the Red Rose Inn is- 813-752-3141 and address is 2011 N. Wheeler St. Plant City, FL. Plant City is just a few miles (maybe 5 mi.) west from Lakeland going toward Tampa on Interstate 4. Coming out of Tampa, it would be on your right side. Hope you have as plesant a stay as I had.
Roger
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Red Rose Inn

Post by b1x4nqb »

www.redroseinnandsuites.com

2011 N Wheeler St
Plant City, FL 33563
(813) 752-3141

I looked them up but their reservation calendar had Sun-N-Fun week all removed as if it was either booked already or "special pricing".  You'll have to call but at least you can see what they look like.  More of a B&B looking place in my opinion.
Lynng
Veteran Member

Sun n Fun

Post by Lynng »

Hi everyone,

I am planning to do the flying at Bushnell the weekend before Sun n Fun for Just Aircraft. It is a bit of a drive back and forth to Lakeland but a fun place to stay and Robby would give you a great rate for the show. I will be setting up camp in the main Camp ground and would welcome a group if we could get firm numbers.  It is by far the easiest and cheapest way to stay at SnF for the week.

The Outlaw is for sale anytime....Joel is taking orders....call TCW and give them a deposit and I bet you get your kit in 8 weeks.

Lynn :lol:
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Gary H
Veteran Member

TCW

Post by Gary H »

Thanks for the info, I will give them a call.  Does TCW have a phone number or web page?  All these questions!!

Thanks

:lol:
Will fly for food!!

Return to “Just Aircraft”