Highlander Kit #154 For Sale on eBay

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Stan Bearup
Forum Regular

Highlander Kit #154 For Sale on eBay

Post by Stan Bearup »

Those who are interested, I have just listed Highlander kit #154 for sale on eBay. This is a a new and untouched kit that has all of the factory quick build options, and also includes a Rotax 912 engine mount and cowling. I really wanted to save this one for myself, but do to the fact that I still have too many other airplane projects in the works, I just would not get the chance to get to work on this kit for quite some time.  Anyway, the kit is priced right and has a "Christmas Discount" :D

A BIG thank you to all of the fellow builders on this site.  When you check out the link below, you will notice that many of your beautiful Highlanders are featured in the ad!

Here is the ebay Link:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0349477557

Cheers!
Stan
stan@justkitplanes.com
Stan Bearup
Forum Regular

Post by Stan Bearup »

The Highlander kit did not sell during the first go around on eBay, so I have decided to list it again and see what happens this time. The new link for the eBay ad is listed below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0352648338

If you are considering buying a Highlander kit with all of the factory quick build options, this is a good deal! I am also willing to work out a very fair delivery price of the kit to a new owner in my enclosed trailer. If it does not sell soon, I will have to start on it myself, and then sell some of my other airplane projects. So, if anyone is interested in one of two Ercoupe 415C projects, a GlaStar project, or one of three Cessna 170B projects that I have here, give me a shout.  :lol:

Cheers!
Stan
www.justkitplanes.com
stan@justkitplanes.com
Stan Bearup
Forum Regular

Post by Stan Bearup »

It is said that the third time is a charm, so I am going to see if it is true. :P
The Highlander kit is back on eBay for one last time. If it does not sell this go around, my kids and I are going to start building it for ourselves. So, if anyone is looking for a great deal on a Highlander kit with all of the factory quick build options, check out the link below, and bid to your hearts content!  :wink:

Here is the latest eBay auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Aircraf ... 240%3A1318
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Stan,
Just curious but does the kit have the new tanks with the updated fiberglass process?

Steve
Stan Bearup
Forum Regular

Post by Stan Bearup »

Steve & anyone interested,

I have to assume that the fuel tanks included with this kit are of the original design and construction. If the kit sells, I will mention to the new owner that he or she will need to slosh the tanks with lacquer thinner, and to read the information below from Harry Berndt, of the Just Aircraft factory.

Thanks for bring this up.  :wink:

Stan
http://www.justkitplanes.com

Fix For Fuel tanks with soft, tacky residue" :

It has been brought to our attention that there are some fuel tanks in the field that have a soft, tacky interior. After talking with the manufacturer of the tanks we have determined that rinsing ALL tanks with lacquer thinner will eliminate the tacky residue.  

HOW TO RINSE YOUR TANKS:

For tanks set in wings:
1) Fill the tanks with lacquer thinner (9 Gal. tanks fill with 1/2 gal. - 1 gal.) (13 gal. tanks fill with 1-2 gal.)
2) MAKE SURE TANKS ARE VENTED!
3) Rock the airplane for 3-5 minutes to be sure the thinner contacts all inside surfaces. (Decreasing tire pressure will facilitate the rocking process)
4) Drain completely, putting a portion of the fluid into a transparent container to determine clarity. This will look yellow if the interior walls have not completely cured.
5) Repeat this process until thinner is clear. (Our experience with this, had it washed clear by the third rinse, but could vary from tank to tank).
6) Let stand overnight and test walls with your finger. They should now be hardened and impervious to gasoline.

For tanks not set in wings:
1) Follow the above procedures using only about a quart of thinner.
2) Shake the tank by hand.

To determine the extent of the problem, please notify me at Just Aircraft of the following:
1) If you have found soft, sticky tanks
2) The above procedures did not resolve the problem (NOTIFY ME IMMEDIATELY).

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Harry Berndt
Just Aircraft
864-718-0320
justaircraft@netzero.net[/u]
Stan Bearup
Forum Regular

Post by Stan Bearup »

Well, the Highlander kit is back on eBay. I know I said that I was not going to list the kit again, and that I would start building it myself, but reality hit me square on. I just have too many other pressing airplane projects going on, so I am eating my own words once again.  :lol:

Here is the latest eBay link:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0367744439

The first $23,000 buys this kit, which is a savings of $3,800!!

Stan
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

So are you saying that's your reserve? :lol:

Steve
Stan Bearup
Forum Regular

Post by Stan Bearup »

Doh!! I just really suck at keepin' secrets.  :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXCbAtkgNMw
stede52