Just to Sort Out....

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
juliant
Seasoned Member

Progress #169

Post by juliant »

Hi All
Escapade with Highlander wing
3 and 1/2 months into the project. Really enjoying it !! Heaps of challenges, all good !
Julian
New Zealand
Image Image
alan
Veteran Member

Post by alan »

Thanks John.

That picture was taken by the EAA at S&F in 2007. Troy was doing the formation flying, from the right seat, naturally.

Alan
If I had known I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself.
Roger
Veteran Member

Kit 112

Post by Roger »

Kit # 112 is getting close. All major building is done. Painted. Working on the panel, with flat black paint and all the instruments in. Still need some wiring and a couple of breakers. Probably won't fly till early spring, as I'll be leaving Colorado's 0 degree weather for warmer climes in a couple of weeks. Not likely to get it inspected by then.
Congratulations to all of you that have yours finished. Sure some beauties out there. Mine won't win any prizes, but hopefully, it'll get me in the air.
Roger
fiferphil
Premium Member

Post by fiferphil »

Hi Everybody

Kit 136 reporting-- I picked it up in March 2007 and so far have the fusilage and tailfeathers covered; Ibeams and strut fittings on both wings and flaps and ailerons fitted to the left wing. I've slowed overall progress by messing around with some extras such as a plywood leading edge and the installation of landing lights (more details on this stuff later) Also had to deal with many episodes of airplanus buildus interruptus, punctuated by severe bouts of paralysis by analysis and the related MacClellan Syndrome. (He was the Civil War commander of Union Forces that Lincoln fired 'cause he wouldn't get off his duff to go fight the enemy) By the way the factory and in particular the new guy, Jack, have been a great help by patiently answering my many phone inquiries and timly responses to supplying kit shortages that have popped up occasionlly.

Here in Ohio, I know of two other Highlanders that were purchased after mine; One of which is flying (Rick Mullins) and the other being pretty close. That makes me the FIRST TO BUY - THE LAST TO FLY!!!

Y'all Have a Blessed Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year. (Dang, I wish thing had spell-check)

Phil Gasbarro
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Phil Gasbarro
N 61VG (Kit#136)
Mount Vernon, Ohio
fiferphil@ecr.net

When I die, please let me go peacefully in my sleep - like my grandfather...and not screaming and crying like the passengers in his airplane!
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Come on new and "old"......let us know where you are at.
I am at 105 hours.  Really wanting to fly but the weather has been terrible with wind and/or rain.  In the teens this morning....brrrrrrrrr
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
rubobrun
Forum Regular

Post by rubobrun »

hi folks
 #69, 276 hrs. just retired to shop for annual, installed highlander tail group,replaced fuel lines with ethanol proof type 30R7,
did the tank mod.,replaced mount bush.,installed heater, just have to change oil and ready to go!!!.
I worked for JUST AC for 2 yrs and luv to build, hav done 3 assist builds and one major assisted rebuild.
If any one needs help maybe I can . luv the ship.
  Bob Waldhaus
retired and luvinit
Lynng
Veteran Member

Kit # 123

Post by Lynng »

I have 150 hours and lots of landings. Still piddling with things...got a new header tank from Mike Poole. 3 gallons and has a site gauge. Should be ready before Sebring.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Lynng
Veteran Member

Is that all

Post by Lynng »

I only count 11 so far.....we have more out there like Charlie Reilly and Jim Frey so that makes 13....Steve Collins 14, hope some more people will pipe in soon.
:P
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
DaveU
Veteran Member

Post by DaveU »

Count me in.  Highlander, 912uls, little (8.50x6.00) tires, 50 hours.  Airplane #97.  Purchased kit December 28, 2005, Signed off as an airplane on November 9, 2006.

Currently half way through an annual inspection, cold weather has made me want to sit in the house and watch Big Rocks and Long Props, volumes 1-4.  Santa just brought 3 and 4.  They are both Alaska flying on skiis.  Just can not get excited about working on the airplane in Zero degree weather.

Dave Utter
serial #0097
Piedmont, SD
gme9261236
Veteran Member

Post by gme9261236 »

#93 Checking In 60 Hours. So far flies great, still working on air speed gauge problems, reads low, probably an air leak but we'll get it. Airports closed right now due to rain and warm weather aka mud, waiting for the freeze. More Highlanders ar out there Ben Brown in maine has one on anphibs, Charlie Rieley is down the road a piece, Jack Bresina in WI has one and has built at least three others Glenn Mercer 7B3 hampton Nh.

Return to “Just Aircraft”