Sun-N-Fun

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Sun-N-Fun

Post by b1x4nqb »

Lynn,

Can you share any information on the place you refer to camp at in Florida?  Location, cost, reservations, facilities, website, etc.?

Thanks,
Paul, PA
Paul, PA
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

the Days Inn in Plant City, Fl  813-752-0570, has $99/nite for two double beds, two adults.  Most other places were between $120-225.  Plant City is only about 10-15 miles west of Linder Regional (SunNFun) http://www.sun-n-fun.org/content/flyin/ ... tion=flyin

Steve
Wes
Premium Member

Sun-N-Fun

Post by Wes »

Paul,
Sounds like you may be headed this way for the annual gathering of "airplane crazies" at Lakeland.
We (Sandra and I) work the parking every year at SNF and I can give you some pointers on the best way to "play the game" when parking/camping at the show.
In general, if you plan to stay for the week, since you qualify with the Highlander, head for "Homebuilt Camping".  Avoid "General Camping". It's all the way in the 'west 40' and a real pain to hike to and from. Also, best to arrive early to guarantee a space in any of the camping sites.
There are some other options for good camping spots if you can't spend the whole week.
There are also volunteering opportunities that have admission and camping rewards.
Let me know what your plans are and we will help any way we can.

It would be fun to get some of the Highlander folks together.

Wes
Kit # 95
Low and Slow - The only way to go!
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

I was using Microsoft Streets and trips to map out all our East Coast brothers either building or flying and I was amazed at them all.  I couldn't figure out how to import the map view into this as a picture but it was pretty cool to see soo many of you.  I'm hopeful that I can fly to Sun-N-Fun this year and I would lke a few of my local friends in both Kitfoxes and Highlanders to fly along on the trip.  I was hoping to leave PA with a few friends and then swing by Billy's and then head south to make the Factory area where several of you reside.  From their spend the evening and make the 2nd day a nice flight into Florida.  I'm looking at camping on the grounds and enjoying some time with fellow aviators for a few days.  All this reminds me of my motorcycle days riding across the country with my wife (or the first time when she and I had just been dating for 6 weeks) where we wore dew rags on our heads and I didn't shave for a month.  Now years later, my family and I were talking ahead about Oshkosh and how all the different models come in together like the Bonanzas to Oshkosh (B2O), etc.  Well we figure we would be Highlanders to Oshkosh or H2O like water!  Hopefully to keep other rain away for the week.  Speaking of weather, it has been lousy here for the past several weeks and I havn't really been able to enjoy all that I built yet.  I look forward to a little warmer weather and clearer skies ahead in the coming weeks/months.  

Paul, PA
Paul, PA
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Hey Paul,
  I live in North GA only a short flight to the JA Factory in SC.  I can't go to Sun & Fun this year because I have to work but I do have a hangar with an apartment inside.  Anyone coming this way is welcome to stay {even if I can't  :cry:  } in the hangar overnight, free of charge of course!  We have a 3000 foot runway, just barely enough length for the Highlander  :shock:  but a good pilot can get it in safe.  ANYONE out there just let me know if you would like to stay.  I can put one more plane in the hangar at a time besides mine.  Our identifier is 0GE5.  
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
billy5823
Veteran Member

sounds like fun

Post by billy5823 »

sounds like fun paul.........hey scuba i have a 300 ft strip with a 20 degree slope i practice on ,wanna come play......
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Hey did I say 3000 ft runway???  I meant 30 ft runway.  :wink:
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
Lynng
Veteran Member

Sun n Fun

Post by Lynng »

BUSHNELL FLY-IN I hope everyone will remember to try and hit the fly-in on Sat. and Sunday before the gates open at Sun n Fun. I will be planning to make up T shirts again and would like to get an idea of how many we may need. For more information on the location go to www.flyingwairranch.com . I realize alot of people will be only able to make sun n fun but if you find yourself in the mood to get together with all your Just Aircraft friends please give me an email lynngardner@earthlink.net   8)
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Lynn, it is my understanding that Bushnell, the flying ranch is closed, sold out.  All the animals are gone, no more rooms to rent, etc.  The website is gone.  I did a search and found it is turning into an airpark with only homes available.  Here is the link:   http://sblom.com/flyingw/               SAD it is gone  :(
Dennis

Return to “Just Aircraft”