I am BACK,,,did you miss me?

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

I am BACK,,,did you miss me?

Post by scubarider2 »

I bet you didn't even know I was gone.... :?   Anyway, decided to take a trip to the beach for some much needed stress reduction.  So, took off on Dec 30th to spend the night at Jekyll Island, GA which is about a 3 hour flight depending on head winds.  Took off at sunrise and 2 1/2 hours later touching down next to the ocean.  What a great flight!  I just went by myself since my wife had to work.  So, my plan was to come back late Dec 31st afternoon so I could celebrate the New Year at home.  Not to happen.  My wife called me and told me that there were 30-40mph gusts.  Yikes!  So called weather brief and they said the same.  Sooooo, had to spend New Years at the beach...so sad... :wink:
Anyway, made it home a few hours ago.  I did have some wind this morning stopping for fuel.  20-25 mph wind "almost" down the runway.  Plane handled it well.
Happy New Year Everyone!!!
Dennis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

I was walking on the beach and wrote -------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
Wes
Premium Member

Miss You

Post by Wes »

Dennis,
Your flying logs are an inspiration to us grounded folks.
Love the pics and the "get-away spirit"!

Thanks for sharing--

Still trying to get some paint on the fuselage.

Wes
Kit # 95
Low and Slow - The only way to go!
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

I spent a little more than a year building my plane.  Right after work every day I would go to the hangar and work until bedtime.  Every weekend and holiday I was there working and dreaming.  Dreaming of the day that I could hop into something that I built, take to the sky and fly with that silly little grin we all get.  I try and write about my "escapades" because I know there are those of you out there still building, still dreaming of "your" day.  It will come my friends, it will come.   8)
Dennis
Johnny C!
Veteran Member

Post by Johnny C! »

Thanks again, Dennis!

John
There are many things that happen really fast when you are
flying an airplane. There is no sense in rushing any of the others.

I would much rather be looking down at the runway, than up at it.

Duane Sorenson & Rick Norton Gone West 6/8/09. Godspeed

Return to “Just Aircraft”