New Escapade owner

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Bigsweed

New Escapade owner

Post by Bigsweed »

I just purchased an Escapade and trailered it home about 400 miles to Northern Calif.  I have a few projects to complete on in before flying but it has 20+ hours now. It's great to finally have it in my garage! I expect I'll have lots of questions and am happy to have this forum available. Can anyone tell me if anyone has put a grove gear on an Escapade or Highlander?  I'd be interested in the pros/cons. I'm considering installing the Highlander gear/wheels/brakes on my new Escapade but plan to fly it with the Escapade set up first for a while.      Dan
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Welcome to the forum.  From the picture it looks like you already have the Highlander wheels in a tail wheel configuration.  As you may already know, the "Escapade" is set up for tricycle gear with the smaller tires.  It is what I have.   :D
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
Bigsweed

New Escapade owner

Post by Bigsweed »

My Escapade has a Highlander tail but not the Highlander gear/tires/brakes. I've concidered installation of the Highlander set up since the airport (0Q5)I will fly out of is famous for rocks and gravel and I don't want to damage my prop. I also expect to find I want the better brakes but will fly it like it is for awhile and see.
Stan Bearup
Forum Regular

Post by Stan Bearup »

Hey Dan

Congratulations to you on the purchase of your Escapade, and the sale of your GlaStar to Tim!  :D
I ended up helping him a little by e-mailing him some GlaStar wing fold tips, and instructions on trailering the plane. I have not heard how the plane did on the ride out to South Dakota in the Semi trailer.  :?:

Cheers!
Stan
http://www.justkitplanes.com
DaveU
Veteran Member

Post by DaveU »

Tim in South Dakota?
I am in SD and wondered what part of the state time is in.

Dave
Stan Bearup
Forum Regular

Post by Stan Bearup »

Dave,

The guy's name is Tim Zoellner, and I think he lives in, or near Sioux Falls. He is currently looking to convert the GlaStar from tricycle gear to a taildragger.

Stan

Return to “Just Aircraft”