What made you cuss out loud?

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Neighbor Pete
Forum Regular

What made you cuss out loud?

Post by Neighbor Pete »

It' winter outside and I've read every post on this board at least 3X now. I need more... so.... with that in mind...

What situation or predicament during the building of your planes made you cuss out loud?
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Oh my @#$%^&^.......I had lots and lots of those moments, hours and days actually!  :shock:
The worst one was putting on the brackets on the flaps and ailerons.  After powder coating they did NOT re-label the sides.  I did not know there was a difference.  So....of course put them on the wrong sides with rivets and bond.  When it came to lining up for the pins they did not line up.  Looked and looked and looked until finally calling Troy.  He told me and of course....went the @#$%^&ing.  I had to drill out and heat and re-heat to take the bond off.  Re-did and wow  :roll:  they fit.  I had several others but don't really want to think about it right now....blood pressure rising  :?
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
KevinC
Veteran Member

the paint

Post by KevinC »

Besides the day the trim tab departed the a/c in flight, painting gave me the most opportunity to excercise my 'blue' vocabulary :evil: .  The root word of paint is "pain" I am sure.  I had a horrible time with painting and made up many a new cuss word.

waiting for wx in Washington...

k
DaveU
Veteran Member

Post by DaveU »

Many a time during the build, I would follow the build manual to the letter just to find, "that is not how we do it now, that was for the Escapade and we have changed that on the Highlander"

I would have to say the source of all my frustration was the lousy build manual.

Waiting for backordered parts was next.  

I am still waiting to see if I have to replace my fuel tanks.  No problems, but around Thanksgiving time, Troy called me and had me send photos of the tanks to see if they were bad ones or not.  I have not heard back yet.

Dave

Return to “Just Aircraft”