New Items Available for Purchase

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
justaircraft
Seasoned Member

New Items Available for Purchase

Post by justaircraft »

Hi. Hope all is having a great start to their new year!

I just want to make you all aware the factory now can supply:

Cabin Heater kits that work off an exhaust muff for $175.00

Oil Access Door for the top of the cowling for $70.00

Thanks and Happy Building,
Harry Berndt
Just Aircraft, LLC
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Harry,
Can you post some pictures either here or on you website. I'm sure I'm not the only one that likes pictures......Thandks

Steve
Roger
Veteran Member

Cabin heater and oil check door

Post by Roger »

Hi Harry:
Why don't you post a picture of the cabin heater set up and the oil check door? I'm sure there's a lot of people on this forun who would like to see what they look like. I have the 4 into 1 exhaust and would like to see how that would work with the system you talk about. I will also need the hinge for the oil door, or a kit like your talking about. If your unable to post those pictures, then how about your sending that information to me through the USPS? You have my contact information on file there in your office.

Thanks
Roger Stout
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Roger,
Great minds think alike :) .  

Steve
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

I was thinking the same.....{not a great mind though}.... :?
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

Post by ftcaruso »

I don’t know if mine was the first Highlander to have Just’s new heater box installed, but it had to be one of the earliest.  I had my installation done just before I left on my Christmas trip.  The morning that I arrived at Clemson airport, to pick up the plane, it was cold....really COLD!.  Because of a temperature inversion, airport temperature was 18 degrees and it took some judicious pre-heating of my carburetor bowl before we coaxed the engine to kick over.  Because mine is a Jabiru 3300 there is not a standard heater box available from its manufacturer and I was glad to hear that JA had fabricated a unit to fit the manufacturer's exhaust shroud.  The operation was via a simple pull/push control, mated to a silver dollar sized butterfly on the firewall.  Without that heater I could have not made the 5 1/2 hour flight down to West Palm Beach that morning.  Even at my enroute altitude of 6,500, the outside temperature never reached even freezing until well below Jacksonville and upon landing in West Palm it was still in the 50’s at ground level.   A firewall mounted deflector keep my feet and legs toasty, but I will still have to do something to try to seal off the whirlpool of air that finds its way in around the upper wing root and doors.  However, because of sunny sky's and the greenhouse roof, cabin temperatures were never uncomfortably cold.  The only fault that I found is that because of a failure of the butterfly valve to completely close, I was still getting warm air seepage into the cabin on my return trip north a couple of weeks later...when outside temperatures were considerably more seasonable.  I was able to temporarily resolve this problem with a rag stuffed into the naca scoop intake until I come up with a permanent fix.  For anyone wishing to do some comfortable flying over the winter, I would suggest considering the JA heater box for both its reasonable cost and simplicity.
jak
Veteran Member

Post by jak »

Here are pictures of the Oil Door Kit.

jak
Veteran Member

Post by jak »

Here are the pictures of the heater kit.

Return to “Just Aircraft”