A Great Testimonial...L@@K

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
justaircraft
Seasoned Member

A Great Testimonial...L@@K

Post by justaircraft »

I am Flying the 40 hours off of Bill Stoughtons Highlander for him. I am a 38 year pilot . I have well over 10,000 hours in everything from Helicopters to jets to Pitts and 1929 Fleet Bi planes.....I may not give this one back!
It's one of the finest flying LSA planes I have ever Flown ( and I have flown a bunch of them! ). It is going to be a pleasure to teach Him to fly his plane. He has Floats for it, and I am a Seaplane instructor  as well.....
I had never flown one of your planes until last week. You have one hell of a fun machine
Just thought you might like to hear from someone with no vested interest.............YET!

Dennis Dixon
CFII (Over 30 years of teaching, also)
Roger
Veteran Member

V speeds

Post by Roger »

Hi Dennis:

Since you have the experience, and most likely the knowledge to do so, how about posting a bunch of information about the preformance, such as flaps up, flaps down stall speeds, stall speed in 30-45 degree banks, type engine etc., rate of climb, Vx, Vy, VG's? Weight,etc.
I'm sure there are builders out there including myself that would like to have this information.
Personally, I will be flying out of a 6300 ft. altitude, airstrip and I'm intrested what the takeoff and landing roll might be.
Johnny C!
Veteran Member

Post by Johnny C! »

Dennis!

Thanks for input!

John
There are many things that happen really fast when you are
flying an airplane. There is no sense in rushing any of the others.

I would much rather be looking down at the runway, than up at it.

Duane Sorenson & Rick Norton Gone West 6/8/09. Godspeed
Lynng
Veteran Member

Highlander

Post by Lynng »

Dennis,

Most pilots think the "little stuff" is a toy airplane or under powered piece of S**T.  I am with you.....flown alot of airplanes and this one is "THE CATS ASS". 8)
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Pilotdennis

Numbers

Post by Pilotdennis »

I hear all of you!
I will give some real numbers shortly form the cockpit...They are really impressive! the plane has a Rotax 912 in it and will be on floats soon. Wings are off right now for a bit of an upgrade (larger Fuel tanks) and will be flying again by next week when I will finish the 40 hour fly off. No major problems have been found during the "test" stage of the plane and I am thrilled with the performance of this thing.....I have landed it in a 18 MPH 90 degree crosswind and the plane handeled it with amazing performance (on a paved runway). I have landed it at 31 MPH with flaps and had awsome control all the way through the landing....Take off roll in Florida on a pretty warm, humid day is very impressive....less than 350 feet and climbing at 900 feet per!
I will some how get rid of the two LSA aircraft that I own currrently and buy a Highlander SALS to continue Teaching in.....
Dennis Dixon
Lynng
Veteran Member

Post by Lynng »

Where in Florida? Did I meet you at the show? :?
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"

Return to “Just Aircraft”