"P" leads

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Roger
Veteran Member

"P" leads

Post by Roger »

Has anyone had trouble getting the little flat pins on the ends of the "P" leads to insert into the round recepticals in the 6 socket connectors to the electronic modules on the 912 ULS Rotax engines?  I can't seem to get mine to stay in the socket. The company sent two different types of flat pins, one a gold color with a small barb on it, and a silver colored one without the barb. They both are about the same length, but the silver ones look to be maybe a couple of thousandths slimer.  There is also a little rubber gromet that fits in behind the pin to keep water out of the socket. I'd sure appreciate it if anyone has any pointers.

Roger
jak
Veteran Member

Post by jak »

Roger use the silver ones, unplug the two halves of the receptical and you can see the angle the pins need to be placed into the sockets . Assuming you used the corect crimper and the green waterproof plugs are on right, the self locking pins will lock when the rear of the waterproof plugs are flush with the rear of the connecter housing like all the rest,   Hope this helps   Jak
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

Roger, I had trouble with that this fall also.  What I found was that I was trying to insert them in the wrong position and I was trying to force them in hard enough to almost break them.  Allow them to float in and twist as they want to and you will find with little effort they will align better and go right in with little force to get them all the way in.  I was expecting them to go in flat side down but if I recall, mine went in sideways against the way I expected.  Once they were allowed to go in the way they wanted, it was a snap.  Hope that helps.

Also, I took my wires to an automotive dealer down the road because I couldn't find those special pliers you need to make those crimps.  Another special tool I really didn't want to buy anyway.  The guys down the road did it for me for free in about 5 minutes.  

Paul, PA
Paul, PA
Roger
Veteran Member

"P" leads

Post by Roger »

Thanks to both of you for the advice. As it turns out, I found the problem was a couple of little tits sticking out on each side of the spades. I used a little 3 point file and filed these tiny pieces off and bingo, they slid in and locked.

Roger
jak
Veteran Member

Post by jak »

Those little tits are to keep the pin from going in to deep (the back stops)   Jak

Return to “Just Aircraft”