Why did you choose a Highlander or Escapade?

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Av8r3400
Seasoned Member

Why did you choose a Highlander or Escapade?

Post by Av8r3400 »

I'm still in the researching phase of my aircraft building project.

I'm looking at Just Aircraft (among others) to fulfill some needs that I have:

1.  Fairly inexpensive to build/own/operate
2.  EASY folding wings (12' x 12' door)
3.  STOL capability (I have my own ~1000' grass/snow strip)
4.  History – Highlanders/Escapades are a known thing, there are many flying examples

I'd like to know why you chose to build/buy/whatever an Just airplane.  Was there an extensive list of qualities that it filled in your application?  What were some of your alternatives and why did a Just work better for you?

Thanks in advance.
Av8r3400
Neighbor Pete
Forum Regular

Post by Neighbor Pete »

I certainly hope that many here will give some additional feedback too, but you will find some responses in this thread if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.wingsforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=13709
Av8r3400
Seasoned Member

Post by Av8r3400 »

Thanks, Pete.  That was very helpful, too.
Av8r3400
Sir Real
Seasoned Member

Post by Sir Real »

I'm looking at Highlanders because I need an LSA that'll haul my 6'4", 280 lb carcass into the air along with my beauteous, Reubenesque wife, and I also like the folding wings so I don't have to pay for a hangar & can store it at home.
jak
Veteran Member

Post by jak »

I have never been a salesman nor have I tried to be. But Anybody that is seriously consedering buying a light sport airplane I would like them to look closely at all the competion first because when you factor in all of the build details, the cost, the time to build, and the factory support, of which I am a part of, You will not look any further than our airplane. It simply put is the best light sport on the market, pound for pound and dollar for dollar. I don't say that because I work there, I work there because of that. So please look at the others first otherwise they don't get much exposure and you know when you buy what the differences are and can tell others that are instered in the other planes. But Please don't take my word for it(my word could be consedered biased) just ask the 180 + owners if they would rather have any other light sport plane.  Jak

Return to “Just Aircraft”