EVERGLADS

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Lynng
Veteran Member

EVERGLADS

Post by Lynng »

All right all you adventurers. Lets go flying. Dust off the airplane next weekend and join me for the great EVERGLADS adventure. We have been invited to a private 75x1400 strip in the woods for an overnight. I will put anyone up at my place for Friday night....park at Williston X60 and stay at my place. We will launch Saturday morning for "Robin's Nest" in the glads. For those already in Florida we will make a fuel stop at Sebring for lunch. If you are flying down the east coast let me know and we can gather the east coasters at Belle Glade. I am up for suggestions. Leonard, maybe you should take a break and bring the 170? We will plan to leave for home Sunday afternoon or if you just visit for the day it will be lots of fun.  

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&hl=en&i ... 90981&z=14

COME ON LETS DO IT!!!

:D
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

That sounds wonderful Lynn.  I will be there in spirit only.  :cry:   If I could get off work I would make the trip from North Ga. earlier but, someone has to be here with the students.  Wish you all safe flight.
Dennis
p.s.  If the North Georgia Mountains ever interest anyone we can certainly do an "adventure" up this way!   :wink:
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

Need more info

Post by ftcaruso »

I just might be able to make the fly-in, since I am still here in South Florida but was going to leave for SC after my class 3 medical renewal this Thursday morning.  I tried to find “Robins Roost”, but it does not appear on my sectionals.  Just where is the airport?  Miriam is planing to be in Sebring on Saturday for her weekend chores over at her mothers, and I may  fly over to join up with you all.  Whether I  stay the night will depend on several factors, including her schedule and accommodations for RON.  Fill me in a bit more and I will let you know what we/I can do.

Frank
Lynng
Veteran Member

Last Call!

Post by Lynng »

Steve is due in Florida today and we are planning to be in Sebring at 10 am Saturday for breakfast. We will head to Robin's Nest at around 1130 which is 88 sm to the south.  I expect to meet Frank and a guy with an Apollo Fox (Stan?). My friend Amy Laboda with a Kitfox will be flying direct from her place in Ft. Myers. The guys from Zenair with a 701 are supposed to show. Am I forgetting anyone?

We will return Sunday afternoon.

Last CALL!!!!! :o  :D  :lol:
Gary H
Veteran Member

trip

Post by Gary H »

Wish I could go,,, sounds like a lot of fun. Take lots of pictures for us stay at homes.

GW
Will fly for food!!
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

Fly-In First Photos

Post by ftcaruso »

First, I apologize for mistakingly having posted the photos to the text portion of my submital.  I know that they will be dumped as overlarge files.  So I am attempting again, with the thumbnail images.  Here is my commentary from the initial posting.

Well, it turned out to be an absolutely fantastic fly-in that Lynn put together for us.  First, I have to apologize that I do not have all of the names of the guests that attended, but perhaps Lynn will be able to provide those once she returns  home on Sunday.  There were 6 airplanes in attendance.  Three were Just Aircraft’s, including Steve Collin’s, who flew down from Greenville, SC with his friend on Friday to spend the night over at Lynn Gardner’s place in northern Florida.  Lynn flew down with her  dog, Dax and I met up with the group Saturday morning over at Sebring airport for a light lunch at JR’s restaurant.  We then headed south doing some loose “formation flying” for arial photos taken by Steve’s friends Randy and Beverly Berry who do commercial aerial photography from their Maule M-6.  The flight down to Robin’s Nest (which is a private 1400 foot long by 80 foot wide manicured grass runway cut in the woods  located just below the Everglade’s Big Cypress airport took exactly one hour. The strip is owned by a retired Delta Airlines Capt.  I am sorry, but I don’t have Capt. Robins  last name, but he was a class act who not only acted as our congenial host, but who cooked up a mean bunch of burgers, sausages, chicken breasts, and what he called Cowboy Stew...simply delicious.  There was also plenty of beer and wine for those who were going to stay the night.  Since I had to get back up to Sebring by 6PM for dinner with Miriam and her mom, I made do with diet Coke.  Two other guests showed up with Foxes.  One was a Kit Fox with a 4 cyl. Jabiru flown by an ex-American Airlines Captain and Amy Laboda, Lynn’s friends, who had recently retired to a fly-in community outside of Ft. Myers.  The other was a Apollo Fox which was flown down by the owner of the Zephyrhills factory that assembles the craft once they come over from Hungry (or was it Poland).  It is this type of activity that makes flying our Highlander’s so enjoyable, and I hope that somewhere along the line that we follow-up on Dennis’ offer of a fly-in over at his place in North Georgia.  

Frank

PS-  I will post the formation photos, once I purchase them

scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Man...!  I wish I could have been there.  The "retired" thing is a ways away for me though so time is at a premium with work.  
I am VERY open to a fly-in sometime maybe in the summer up here in the North Georgia Mountains.  Loads of things to do around here.  We could even go and visit the CABBAGE PATCH KIDS HOSPITAL !  :lol:   That is what we are known for here...  :oops:   Several places to fly and we have some nice mountains too.  The Wahalla Factory is just a hop away.  
Be thinking about it....
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

Formation Flying Photo

Post by ftcaruso »

I have already posted 2 photos from our Everglades Fly-In on the Tacked Photo Thread portion of the JA site.  However, to whet your appetite, her as the 3rd picture from the series that I purchased from the  Eagle Vistas, (Randy Berry flying his Maule, and his wife Beverly, doing the photography)

Lynng
Veteran Member

Post by Lynng »

Frank

I wanted to send some photos to the factory but they have dial up.... :? can Jak give us his home email or do you have it?? :wink:

Robin just called.....he is really high on Highlanders :lol:

Thanks for coming
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

Jak's e-mail address

Post by ftcaruso »

Lynn-  Had to drop off the site to research JAK's e-mail address.  It is  jakl_kesler@yahoo.com
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

Corrected e-mail address

Post by ftcaruso »

Lynn    In my rush, typed the address wrong.  Here it is again   jak_kesler@yahoo.com
jak
Veteran Member

Post by jak »

Hey Lynn its Jak email is jak_kesler@yahoo.com send all you want. I can print them photo quality.  Jak
Gary H
Veteran Member

trip

Post by Gary H »

That really looks like fun,,, Hey you Pacific Northwest guys,,, I'm going to plan a "back country trip"  3 or 4 days flying the back counrty strips in Oregon. Any interest?? 3 days, 4 days ??? need your input. How about we all meet at Gouldings lodge in momument valley for a annunal fly in event??

http://www.gouldings.com/english/index.htm

Any interest??

:D  :)  :D  :)
Will fly for food!!
DaveU
Veteran Member

Post by DaveU »

I am not Pacific Northwest, but I would love to do an Oregon trip.  I have about a one day flight from Western SD to get there, but I am in.

What month are you thinking?  I have been saving a week of vacation for just such an event.

Dave Utter

Rapid City area, western South Dakota
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

of course, I'm in :P

Steve

Return to “Just Aircraft”