Ok Oldies but Goodies, need some advice

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Ok Oldies but Goodies, need some advice

Post by scubarider2 »

I am about to start my first annual inspection.  Any of you out there who have that under your belt already, got any advice or anything to especially look for on an Escapade?  Yes, I already know, take the funny looking wheel off the front and put it on the back where it belongs....ha....ha.....ha   :?
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

First annual completed!  :D   No problems found except a couple cosmetic fixes.  One was on the bottom of the plane I had put zip ties to hold the battery cables along the fuselage and cut the zip tie end off.  The end was sharp and pointed down toward the fabric.  Put a small hole for which I covered.  Second was the clanking of the cables inside the cabin on the turtledeck.  I had put the soft side of some velcro and the velcro pulled the paint off.  Of course I "ducked" it back and all is good.  I was fixing up the brake brackets in the cabin a few months back and dropped a nut which of course went under the carpet and I could not find.  During the annual I dropped the tail plate and there it sat.  Worked its' way to the tail.  I have one strobe light not working.  I tested it and it is getting current.  I guess I need to call the strobe company and check with them.  It went out during my trip to the fly-in last summer with Lynn in Floriday.  I flew through some heavy rain.  Not sure if that did it or not but after getting home it was out.  The navigation lights still work just not the strobe.  Think it is just the bulb?
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...

Return to “Just Aircraft”