static port location

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.

Moderator: scubarider2

static port location

Postby Dave Krall CFII SEL SES » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:11 am

Anybody that can confirm a good location for staic ports for best airspeed accuracy? I guess I'll have 2, one for the AoA instrument and one for AI.
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Postby stede52 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:15 am

I put mine one each side of the boot cowl, seems to run pretty true to those putting them out on the wing, as you probably know it's the same position many certified aircraft place theirs.

Steve
stede52
Premium Member

Postby Dave Krall CFII SEL SES » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:37 pm

stede52 wrote:I put mine one each side of the boot cowl, seems to run pretty true to those putting them out on the wing, as you probably know it's the same position many certified aircraft place theirs.

Steve

Putting them out on the wing?... ya lost me! Haven't heard of that, where abouts? I've seen where most put the ram air tubes (pitot) but not the static ports.
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Postby stede52 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:55 pm

Dave,
the manual shows the pitot and static tubes tied together, that's where I've seen most of them installed.  However, that's not really an option for you since your wings are already covered.

Steve
stede52
Premium Member

Postby Dave Krall CFII SEL SES » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:18 pm

stede52 wrote:Dave,
the manual shows the pitot and static tubes tied together, that's where I've seen most of them installed.  However, that's not really an option for you since your wings are already covered.

Steve

Now I know what you mean, thanks.
I did decide to tie them together before wing covering, so have the options now. Since I have 2 instruments that need ram air, I guess I'll put 2 round, conventional static ports into either the boot cowl like you did, or into the fabric just below the boot cowl edge.
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Return to Just Aircraft