Sun n Fun 2009

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Lynng
Veteran Member

Sun n Fun 2009

Post by Lynng »

Well everyone its time to fly in to Sun n Fun.  For those coming down please make sure you program me in your cell phones for support if you need anything...cell 386-235-1447. I will be in Plant City the 17-18th taking the LSA inspector course at Mike Z's place. The rest of the time I will be one site at west camping in an RV so holler as soon as you get in. The plan is to park all the Highlanders/Escapades in Ultralight parking/camping. The best arrival is to fly to South Lakeland airport and come into the ultralight pattern from the south. Please take the time to print out the Notam....it is very helpful to have ALL the frequencies if you need them. If you are unsure about arrival procedures you can land at South Lakeland and sort it out with the locals or call me. Take a close look at the traffic flow for ALL the different arrivals and remember you can go low and stay out of trouble in most cases. I haven't heard what JUST is planing for flying in but I know they are trying to get Gary's new BLACK BEAST ready for the show.  Call me. Ciao! 8)
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Gary and I will be giving you a call when we get to the show, We're looking forward to meeting all the Highlander/Escapade pilots we can at the show.

Steve Dentz: cell 425.417.7943
Carnation, Wa
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

I decided to take a last minute flight into Orlando Monday and camp a few days onsite.  Any recommendations to follow once I arrive?  I'm solo and bringing along my tent.  This will be interesting :o
Paul, PA
Lynng
Veteran Member

Post by Lynng »

Paul,

I am disappointed that you are leaving your Highlander home, but I will get over it if you camp with us and share your beer. If you get a rental car from Signature Flight support on the west side of the field they will pick you up at the terminal and drop you on the way back. call and ask what the pilot daily rate is and I think you will find it better then the regular rental company rates. 407 825 6999 tell them Lynn sent you....also if you can remember the last 4 digits 6999 you can call them by dialing the last 4 on any page phone for a pickup from the main terminal. They have Mustang convertibles yeeehaa!  :D  :D  :D
stede52
Premium Member

Highlander Once again takes GRAND CHAMPION!!!!

Post by stede52 »

Congratulations Billy!!!!!

Steve
Carnation, WA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

More fun in Tampa

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Demo flights and rides

Steve
stede52
Premium Member

Garys new 914 Highlander

Post by stede52 »

Garys beautiful all black Highlander

Steve
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

this is what it looks like after Troys Demo flights

Steve
Johnny C!
Veteran Member

Post by Johnny C! »

Great Pics.

Congrats Billy!

Who's Safari Highlander?  Looks great!

I wish I could have made it down there... :?  

You all make me sick....

Later!

John
There are many things that happen really fast when you are
flying an airplane. There is no sense in rushing any of the others.

I would much rather be looking down at the runway, than up at it.

Duane Sorenson & Rick Norton Gone West 6/8/09. Godspeed
Sir Real
Seasoned Member

Post by Sir Real »

I spent Tues-Fri at SNF & visited the Just display several times. The folks were occasionally busy, but not bad at answering my newbie questions, and the planes were, of course, teriffic, with a couple of different setups. I also met Jak, who was helping out at the Composite hands-on workshop, and I doubt there's a friendlier person out there.

Incidentally, I also won a taildragger tow bar in a drawing, and at the moment I fly a Cherokee and have no real need for a taildragger towbar. Anybody need one? They say it's worth $180.00. I think that may be a bit high...
Gary H
Veteran Member

Sun & Fun

Post by Gary H »

What a great time Steve & I had. There were more Highlanders there than any other. Troy really showed what a Highlander can do. It was great to meet everyone. we are looking forward to next year. Everyone "just" plan on it!
Will fly for food!!
billy5823
Veteran Member

thanks

Post by billy5823 »

it was great meeting all of you at sun n fun........wish everyone could have made it....thanks for all your help at the booth ....and a special thanks to wes for dealing with my junky radio...
billy5823
Veteran Member

tiger

Post by billy5823 »

oh, the tiger higlander is mark sorenson.......... he won best commercial.........good job mark.....i  have your award and will be bringing it down soon ....
Lynng
Veteran Member

Post by Lynng »

Wow....great pics...I have my airplane apart for the new gear, exhaust and header tank. Still have not recovered from being sick and the show. RATS! I must be getting old 5 weeks of traveling and a Ecuadorian Flu never used to knock me down like this in my younger years. Had fun thou. :lol:  :lol:

Return to “Just Aircraft”