Anyone know a weekend anti-rain/wind dance?

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Anyone know a weekend anti-rain/wind dance?

Post by scubarider2 »

For the past 19 weekends here in north georgia it has rained or we are under a wind advisory.  My wings are getting RUSTY!   :x
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

HEY!!!!!!!!   :D   :D   :D   :D   I got to fly this weekend!!!!  The sun was out and about 7 mph winds...perfect!  I was going to take the weekend and head to Eufaula, AL and spend the day on a boat fishing, spend the night and head home on Sunday.  But, got some bad news about my job....got laid off.  No more job.  hmmmmm    If it were not for the money issue it wouldn't be so bad  :?    Anyway, I could afford to fly and hour each way to Madison, GA for a great lunch.  I love my plane  :P
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
Johnny C!
Veteran Member

Post by Johnny C! »

Sorry to hear that, Dennis.

But at least you have your plane!

John
There are many things that happen really fast when you are
flying an airplane. There is no sense in rushing any of the others.

I would much rather be looking down at the runway, than up at it.

Duane Sorenson & Rick Norton Gone West 6/8/09. Godspeed
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

Madison restaurants

Post by ftcaruso »

Denis-

Sorry to hear about your job.  Kinda makes me glad that  today I officially “retired” and won’t have to worry about this sucky economy anymore.  Of course without income I am not yet sure just how I will be able to buy my plane and motor home fuel after this summer’s trip West...but I’ll worry about that in the Fall.  Maybe I can get a government bail-out?  

I was intrigued to hear that you had a great meal in Madison.  I have been working a couple of days there each year at the Georgia-Pacific plants, for the past 20 years, and never could find a half way decent restaurant in that town.  Now, in Social Circle, the town next door, there is the Blue Willow Inn... which IS fantastic.  Where did you eat?

Frank
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Hey Frank.  Thanks for the thoughts.  You too John.  Madison is a great little town.  Love to walk along the sidewalks looking at all the old houses.  It is a 45 minute flight, a 30 minute walk into town, a 30 min. walk back then the 45 min. home.  Nice afternoon.  You are right about the dinner meals in the sleepy little town.  The lunches are good though.  A couple places are good though.  My favorite is O'haras.  Right in town.  It has a seared tuna steak sandwich with homemade chips.  Of course, maybe the 30 min walk from the airport made me hungry enough anything would taste good!....
Hey, wish I could retire.  Still have about 10 more years.  I am in education so the health insurance and retirement are the most important right now.  I have a couple leads I am tracking down.  Keep your fingers crossed for me please.
Take care and hope to see some folks at some fly-ins this summer.
Dennis

Return to “Just Aircraft”