Re-pitched prop, covered muffler, replaced coolant line

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Took the plane out this morning after repitching it to 5,300rpms static.  Flew fantastic.  Very happy medium.  Still cruises right at 100mph indicated.  Off the ground much quicker.  Looks like I found the right combo.
Now, need good weather and time to fly fly fly!
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
Roger
Veteran Member

Post by Roger »

Hey Dennis.
Next time you have the cowl off, how about taking a picture of the new routing of your coolant hose's, and post them here? I noticed the same thing on my engine when I ran the hoses and since I haven't flown it yet, I don't know how hot these hoses are likely to get. I wrapped the exhaust with the fiberglass tape where it's anywhere near the hoses or the engine mount, but I have to wonder if that's adaquite.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Roger, I can tell you that if your hoses are touching then it will burn.  I have one on one side that is a few inches away that I covered several ways.  The other side I could not help but have it touch with the exhaust coverings added coverings over the hose itself etc.....all burned.  So went to the auto store and bought 5 different hoses with all kinds of twists and had one fit.  
I am not sure that my pictures will help you.  The one that touched before came right from the cabin heater that I cut threw the firewall.  You would have to get yours to go up and around not down and around.  
I will see what I can do about getting a pic posted here though.
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...

Return to “Just Aircraft”