Man is it hot!!! Ah, that's better...

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
rmullins
Veteran Member

Man is it hot!!! Ah, that's better...

Post by rmullins »

A trip to Home Depot, a little cutting on the blind, a couple of aluminum brackets attached at the pulleys,....shade!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rick Mullins  #144
Cincinnati, Oh
rmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rmullins »

details...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rick Mullins  #144
Cincinnati, Oh
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

nice idea :)

Steve
fiferphil
Premium Member

Post by fiferphil »

Hey Rick

When you gonna fly that li'l critter up here? We got the Waco fly-in goin' on this week at Wynkoop an' a Highlander sho' would be a nice contrast to all those big ol' ugly biplanes! (They's big, old an' ugly 'cause I ain't GOT one of  'em! :( ). All seriousness aside, come on up and I'll buy you a brat (Man! they are Good! Sold by the local Lions' Club).We might even look at a few Wacos, too! The local airport folks will actualy be able to  see the "stealth" airplane that I am building! :lol:

If you (or anybody else) can make it, give me a call. (740-390-0555) --  Just remembered -- I have to work Saturday at the blacksmith shop in Roscoe Village, but Friday or Sunday are good.

Btw, that sun shade's a pretty slick installation . I'd sure like to give it a close inspection...
Phil Gasbarro
N 61VG (Kit#136)
Mount Vernon, Ohio
fiferphil@ecr.net

When I die, please let me go peacefully in my sleep - like my grandfather...and not screaming and crying like the passengers in his airplane!
KevinC
Veteran Member

sat ants

Post by KevinC »

Rick,

That is pretty homebuilder crafty.  So, does your XM radio and GPS still work?

k
rmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rmullins »

fiferphil wrote:Hey Rick

When you gonna fly that li'l critter up here? We got the Waco fly-in goin' on this week at Wynkoop an' a Highlander sho' would be a nice contrast to all those big ol' ugly biplanes! (They's big, old an' ugly 'cause I ain't GOT one of  'em! :( ). All seriousness aside, come on up and I'll buy you a brat (Man! they are Good! Sold by the local Lions' Club).We might even look at a few Wacos, too! The local airport folks will actualy be able to  see the "stealth" airplane that I am building! :lol:

If you (or anybody else) can make it, give me a call. (740-390-0555) --  Just remembered -- I have to work Saturday at the blacksmith shop in Roscoe Village, but Friday or Sunday are good.

Btw, that sun shade's a pretty slick installation . I'd sure like to give it a close inspection...
Got too much going on this weekend, but I'll get up your way sometime soon. You should just about be about ready to test fly your Highlander, right?  8)
Rick Mullins  #144
Cincinnati, Oh
rmullins
Veteran Member

Re: sat ants

Post by rmullins »

KevinC wrote:Rick,

That is pretty homebuilder crafty.  So, does your XM radio and GPS still work?

k
Thanks! Sure is nice to have shade on demand, and after having a couple spots of skin cancer removed, my dermatologist approves also.

When I bought the tablet system from the guy on EBay, it came with the XM reciever. I installed it but never subscribed to the weather because most off my flying is short distance. The system kept crashing until I replaced the hard drive with a solid state drive and now works great. Now I'm planning to fly to Oshkosh this year so I'm going to get the XW set up for a little piece of mind. I'll let you know how that goes. I've never done a flight that far, and flying into the air show will be intimidating enough. I downloaded the NOTAM for flying into AirVenture, 32 pages...YIKES... :shock:
Last edited by rmullins on Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Mullins  #144
Cincinnati, Oh
fiferphil
Premium Member

Post by fiferphil »

Hi Rick

In answer to your previous post to me, I'm not quite ready to test fly her, yet. I'm about ready to cover the right wing. Once that's done, she's ready for paint
Phil Gasbarro
N 61VG (Kit#136)
Mount Vernon, Ohio
fiferphil@ecr.net

When I die, please let me go peacefully in my sleep - like my grandfather...and not screaming and crying like the passengers in his airplane!
Lynng
Veteran Member

Oshkosh

Post by Lynng »

If you want a copy of the book that contains the arrival Notams for Oshkosh you can request one on the EAA website. I highly recommend that everyone get one. It takes about a week to arrive via mail.
:D
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
dschmid37
Forum Regular

Post by dschmid37 »

Hey Rick,
The mod looks great!

Could I ask how tall you are?
I am 6' 5" and I am in love with the Highlander. It looks like your knees are pretty close to the panel.
Will I fit in one of these things???

Thanks,
Dan
Minnesnowta_Jim

Post by Minnesnowta_Jim »

This is my first post on the forum. I have been a lerker for basically a year and have read every post on this highlander forum.

I am 6'4", I fit nicely in the Highlander with the seat all the way back. The above photo appears to be 3"-4" forward of the rear most postion. The seat has about 12" of travel and my shoulder was even with the door jamb. That made the Highlander my favorite plane from Oshkosh 2008.

I could also fit in the Rans Coyote S6S and Zenith 750, but the Highlander had more total interior room. Plus the Highlander looks correct as a tail dragger and a trike, the rest looked best as a trike.

Hopefully someday I can order a Highlander.
dschmid37
Forum Regular

Post by dschmid37 »

That's great news Jim...Thank you!
One thing about the Ran's and the Zenith is the useful load is alot less.
I think the Escapade/Highlander is the only way to go.
Thanks again.
Dan

Return to “Just Aircraft”