Airspeed color markings

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Roger
Veteran Member

Airspeed color markings

Post by Roger »

Hey Lynn or one of you folks with the Rotax 912 ULS, how about posting your green and white airspeed marking numbers, both top and bottom, for those of  us who are about to fly these Highlanders. I realize there's a fairly wide range for a certain airplane because of the placement of the pitot tube, weight, the static
system,  the instrument itself, VG's etc. but a rough idea I think would be helpful for all. At least I'll have some idea on those speeds.
By the way, kit #112 had the Feds. blessings Fri. the 26th so I've got a real airplane. Now all I need is the time to get it out to the airport and start flying. Because of my schedule, I probably won't get the first flight in till around July 15th.
Thanks

Roger
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Nice job, looks great! Since you're too busy to fly it, I guess I better come on over there and fly it for you, just to keep it limbered up for you...
Roger
Veteran Member

Post by Roger »

Darn it Dave, if the airplane wasn't locked up while I'm out of town, I'd have you do that. Thanks for the compliment.
DaveU
Veteran Member

Post by DaveU »

Roger,
Congratulations.  It looks fantastic.   I am sure you will love it.

Get that bird in the air.

Where in colorado do you plan to keep the plane?  Where do you live?

Dave
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Roger wrote:Darn it Dave, if the airplane wasn't locked up while I'm out of town, I'd have you do that. Thanks for the compliment.
That's no problem, just tell me where you hide the keys, probly should leave some cash for gas and other expenses as well...
Roger
Veteran Member

Post by Roger »

Dave U:
I'm about 25 miles southeast of Denver near Parker. I'll keep the plane at Front Range Airport while I fly off the 40 hrs. I have a friend over there that said I could keep it in her hanger for free. Can't beat that price!!! Once I get the time flown off, I'll probably keep it here at the house most of the time, and we have a small short, dirt, airstrip just a few miles from here, that the owner said I could fly out of, so probably out of there.
Last edited by Roger on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lynng
Veteran Member

Post by Lynng »

I have a Dynon D180 flight instrument. I programmed it with the white arc from 30-75 and green from 35-105, yellow from 105-137 red line 138 in MPH.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Roger
Veteran Member

Post by Roger »

Thanks Lynn, that's just what I needed.

Return to “Just Aircraft”