Outstanding Highlanders at NW EAA Fly-in

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Outstanding Highlanders at NW EAA Fly-in

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Saw Steve's and Gary's outstanding Highlanders at the EAA Fly-in yesterday. Both very well done. I think some others are supposed to show up too.

As usual, I had a good excuse why my "lie generating machine" was not in the air yet...
stede52
Premium Member

Arlington Wa Airshow and another Champion!!!

Post by stede52 »

Just finished up with the Arlington Air Show and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO GARY WEAVER for winning Reserve Grand Champion with his Highlander :lol:  There has been three Highlander Grand Champions at the Arlington Airshow since 2006 :) NOT BAD!!! How many kit planes can say that!!! Not only that we had SIX Highlanders at the event which also has to be a record :o , Ted Sutton's trike gear from AZ, Toby's 'Gettin High Legally" from Oregon, Andy Bell (2006 Grand Champion) from CA, Gary Weaver, Kevin Corlis and myself from WA. Gary and I manned a booth at the show for Just Aircraft and it is unbelievable the attention this airplane gets! We hardly had time to do anything else but talk Highlanders with people, actually not a bad thing 8) .  I posted a few pictures of the show at this site:  http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare ... =comcast2/

Steve
taildrgfun
Veteran Member

Post by taildrgfun »

We were not thinking about any contests when building our Highlander, but we flew it to Arlington in 2005 3 months after it's 1st flight and won Reserve Grand Champion. There were 2 Highlanders that year.
Steve Henry, Wild West Aircraft
(the Dead Stick Take-off Guy)
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Thanks Steve, I stand corrected :) .....five Arlington Grand Champion Highlanders since 2005, even better yet :lol:
By the way Steve, I talked to your flight instructor, he says hi.

Steve
Gary H
Veteran Member

Highlander

Post by Gary H »

Thanks Dave and Steve. I didn't build it for show,,, I just wanted it to look nice. I forgot to tell everyone, at the show an FAA guy wanted to give a check ride to a another instructor and he asked if he could use my plane.  When they got back he was all smiles!! He really like the plane and had nothing but good things to say about the Highlander. He was looking at buying a kit himself.
Unfortunately, two days ago while giving a check ride in a Zenith 701 on floats in Anchroage, Alaska, they crashed on take off for unknown reasons at this time and both were killed. Very sorry to break this news.

Gary

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?s=10726929
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Gary H on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will fly for food!!
TriLanderTed

Post by TriLanderTed »

Just got back from Arlington 2500 miles round trip. It was nice seeing other HighLanders and meeting everyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lynng
Veteran Member

Post by Lynng »

Gary,

Nice job. are you coming to Johnson Creek?

Lynn
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Gary H
Veteran Member

Johnson Creek

Post by Gary H »

Thanks Lynn,
I am really going to try to make it. It's harvest time right now so I'm really busy,,, I'm going to try and get away for a few days.  That would be a lot of fun.

GW
Will fly for food!!
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Lynn,
I'm working on him too  :lol:

Steve

Return to “Just Aircraft”