Idaho or bust

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Lynng
Veteran Member

Idaho or bust

Post by Lynng »

:D  :D

The Highlander Duo, almost became a trio, now back to duo is still scheduled to depart SC, but on the 25th instead of 24th. We have reservations at Gaston's the 25-26 then on to Lucas, KS 38K for some R&R with Tracy Standish from Rans the 27-28. Then Douglas WY to stay with the Turbine Cubs guys the 29th and Jackson Hole the 30th. Once we cross into the Treasure Valley of Idaho we have plans to visit Stan Bearup, Steve Henry and a list of others. If you live out in Oregon or Washington and you want to hook up the weekend of August 1st n 2nd we are game. Depending on weather it would be nice to see Johnson Creek  for a get together. Lets do some flyin' ya'll.

as Taildrgfun says "yeeeehaaww"

:D
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Lynn,
The Washington Highlander Boys are looking at schedules as I type, thanks for the invite, that would be a great time.

Steve
Carnation, Wa
dalealan

Post by dalealan »

Lucas Kansas will never be the same. Men are fleeing for their lives.

Tell Stacy hello.

Dale in Texas Rans S7
Lynng
Veteran Member

Post by Lynng »

Too funny Dale,

The last time I was there we raise so much dust I got invites to local parties for a year.

Legend has it that 3 women pilots (not naming names) rolled into a town near Lucas for a few drinks at the local watering hole....it started with some adult beverages and friendly betting and I guess I managed to get one of the local cowboys (oil rig hard body) to do a strip tease....I told him I was a talent scout from Chip n Dales in Florida.....what a hoot. then I won a few free rounds of drinks on the pool table from the mayor....did donuts on main street in the rental car at 2 am...... and the mayor loves me anyway. Go figure.

I think Tracy has given them the heads up and they are making sure there sons are under lock and key 'til I leave town.

Just Another TAALLL Tail.

OK.....what about the first annual Just Aircraft Fly IN at Johnson Creek Aug 1-2nd........are we a go....  :D  :D  :D  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Are you guys at Gastons?
Lynng
Veteran Member

Post by Lynng »

Arrived in Gaston's Resort at 1830 local yesterday and we just came back from playing in the airplanes.....now cold beer and fishing or watch Indy or take a nap....this is a vacation. Video from this morning will be available soon.

:D  8)

Lynn and Steve
taildrgfun
Veteran Member

Post by taildrgfun »

How's it looking for you Washington guys? Any of you going to make it down this way this weekend? I am game for Johnson Creek or whatever around here. Haven't heard from Lynn for a few days but as far as I know she still wants to go up there then.   :D
Steve Henry, Wild West Aircraft
(the Dead Stick Take-off Guy)
taildrgfun
Veteran Member

Post by taildrgfun »

How's it looking for you Washington guys? Any of you going to make it down this way this weekend? I am game for Johnson Creek or whatever around here. Haven't heard from Lynn for a few days but as far as I know she still wants to go up there then.   :D
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Steve,
Unfortunately we won't be making it this time, Gary and Kevin are up to their eyeballs in work and can't break away and timing is too close to a couple of commitments I have that I must attend :( , we really were trying but just couldn't make it happen this.

Steve
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

taildrgfun wrote:How's it looking for you Washington guys? Any of you going to make it down this way this weekend? I am game for Johnson Creek or whatever around here. Haven't heard from Lynn for a few days but as far as I know she still wants to go up there then.   :D
I'm still cutting and bolting float legs so won't be flying for about 2 weeks... If you guys get near North Seattle let me know.
KevinC
Veteran Member

Jc

Post by KevinC »

Well, any hope I had vanished today - I have to work in Walla Walla on Sat eve (fortunately work includes dinner and wine). I am really bummed that I can't make it.

k
taildrgfun
Veteran Member

Post by taildrgfun »

That thing called work can sure get in the way of a good time playin' can't it.    On the other hand without it we couldn't ever afford to play.   :roll:
Lynng
Veteran Member

Post by Lynng »

The Highlander Duo is currently in Sun Valley Idaho. We will hit the Folk Festival tonight then Johnson Creek tomorrow morning to hook up with Steve and Kathy. The plan is to do a little local exploring then head to Garden Valley for our camping overnight.  :D
Stan Bearup
Forum Regular

Post by Stan Bearup »

Lynn & Steve just left here in their beautiful Highlanders, and are currently headed East towards Laramie, WY where they plan to spend the night. We had a great time together here in American Falls, Idaho, and are hoping they have some fun, scenic, and safe flights during their return trip home.  I want to thank Lynn & Steve for putting American Falls on their trip's itinerary, and for spending a day and night here with us. We definitely had a great time together with them, and it was a pleasure to serve as their host!  They are really super people, and are definite assets to the flying community as a whole, and our Just Aircraft family in particular. Tail winds to you both, my friends, and ya'll come back now, ya' hear!!  :D

Cheers!
Stan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stan Bearup
Forum Regular

Post by Stan Bearup »

Steve Filling 'er Up!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Just Aircraft”