Oshkosh anyone?

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
rmullins
Veteran Member

Oshkosh anyone?

Post by rmullins »

I'm flying up Sunday the 26th and I've told Troy he could use my plane for show and tell over in the ultralight area. If you're at the show come over and say hi.
Rick Mullins  #144
Cincinnati, Oh
Wes
Premium Member

Oshkosh

Post by Wes »

Rick,
We will (hopefully) see you guys up there.
Sandra and I are slowly winding our way there in the camper, while acting as "ground crew" for my brother who is making the journey in his trike.
Actually finding each other in a crowd of thousands for a week is the tough part.

Currently on the ground in Calhoun, GA for rest and regroup.

Wes
Kit # 95
Low and Slow - The only way to go!
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Wes, you are not far from where I live in Cleveland, GA.  
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

My son Cody and I are staying in the dorms just a few miles north of the field.  We'll be coming in Sunday afternoon and staying through Friday afternoon.   We'll be at the "Just" booth often and look forward to seeing you guys there.  Pictures of my new nose gear Highlander will be on display at the booth.  I also put on a new dynafocal ring mount on the engine and the new quiet exhaust.  Love the changes!  

Paul, PA
Paul, PA
Lynng
Veteran Member

Post by Lynng »

Looks good Paul. Can we get some close-ups of the new nose wheel and an idea of how much longer/taller the new trigear is.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Post by b1x4nqb »

Lynn,

It is my "Highlander" main gear legs, just reversed to the opposite side and moved back along with a newly designed nose gear to work with their larger size over the escapade gear setup.  We used a 15" nose tire (normally the escapade main I think?) and 18" or 19" main tires.  I took my wife for a ride over to visit some friends yesterday and before we left they took the 3rd shot here.  It sort of shows the finished product up closer.  I must say I'm really impressed with several advantages from my perspective for the type of flying I'm doing.  

Paul  

Welding up the wheel to the stinger

Here is how the top of the stinger ties into the new engine mount.  The exhaust (not on yet) is simply the one Sam had put on his which I believe you now also have Lynn??

Wife and I yesterday in Dannville, PA after visiting friends for wings and a cold one.
Paul, PA
Lynng
Veteran Member

Post by Lynng »

wow that is nice...thanks..
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
DaveU
Veteran Member

Post by DaveU »

My son Johnathon and I will be arriving Sunday evening.  We are camping in Scholler.  We are staying until Saturday or sunday depends.  We to will be checking in at the Just Aircraft booth, likely at the Ultralight area mostly.  Looking forward to meeting some more of the folks.

See you there.

Dave

Return to “Just Aircraft”