For Sale and Accessories and Upgrades

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
stede52
Premium Member

Re: For Sale and Accessories and Upgrades

Post by stede52 »

Dick,
I'll move Jims Extreme specs to a new topic.

Steve D
Steve D N419LD
preacoupe
Veteran Member

Post by preacoupe »

Guys,

A few months ago I went out to Stan's house where the Desert Fox Fly-in takes place (Outside of Wickenburg, AZ). There, he showed me his Highlander that had the Kitfox wings on it. Sure looked the same to me. And, since he, Kitfox, and Highlanders are all so "related", it wouldn't be much of a stretch to see that happening. He said it gave his highlander more speed. So, I think Jim's wings are Kitfox. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...I think.

Dennis
taildrgfun
Veteran Member

Post by taildrgfun »

Jim's wings are definitely not Kitfox.
Steve Henry, Wild West Aircraft
(the Dead Stick Take-off Guy)
stede52
Premium Member

Used Matco Tailwheel for sale

Post by stede52 »

I have a Matco 8" pneumatic tailwheel w/conversion base for sale, it has about 20 hours on it and I will throw in an new tire, it's in almost new condition. The cost of a new one with the conversion is $290 + $15 for additional tire. I will sell for $175 + Shipping. Let me know by private message if you are in interested.

Steve D
Steve D N419LD
stede52
Premium Member

flap locking device

Post by stede52 »

I've always disliked the way the Highlander flaps flop around in the wind when tied down and in some cases if the wind is really blowing it could over stretch the spring. Steve H had a good way to lock his flaps in postion while parked which is what got me thinking about it. I came up with a somewhat simple device which seems to work pretty well. You can see what I did in the pictures. In short I drilled one 3/16" hole thru the flap hinge, pinned one end of the trunbuckle in that hole, cut the eye off the other end of a turnbuckle and used it to pin itself into the cable shackle. I also used locktite to lock the pin in place. Once you have it in place you just rotate the barrel of the turnbuckle to lengthen until it locks the flaps in an up position. Obviously a flag is a good thing to hang on it to make sure you remove it before flight. I'm sure there are lots of good ideas for this kind of stuff so share them with the rest of us. We can all learn from others.

Steve D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve D N419LD
Winston
Forum Regular

Post by Winston »

I have a set of VGs that came with my kit that I will not be using. If anybody wants these, make me an offer. (The manufacturer wants $95/set of 100).

Winston
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stede52
Premium Member

Fiberglass part: fuse/wing transition, pulley covers, cheek

Post by stede52 »

I finally got my act together and finished the new molds for the Pulley covers and new size cheek cowls:

Fuse to Wing Transition Panel: -NO LONGER AVAILABLE-
Pulley covers: This set consists of 4 individual covers. The covers replace the aluminum pulley cover plates which comes in the kit. As you can see by the pictures in the next post, the covers are clear enough to locate the existing holes in the case of a retrofit. $85 per set of four, includes shipping anywhere in the US.

Cheek Cowl: This set consists of two cheek cowls. New wider and deeper size, email me for size and other details. $150 per set, shipping NOT includes due to size.

If interested please contact me on: stede52@comcast.net
Last edited by stede52 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steve D N419LD
stede52
Premium Member

Pulley cover pictures for previous post

Post by stede52 »

Here are pictures of the pulley covers mentioned in the previous post.

If interested please contact me on: stede52@comcast.net
Steve D N419LD
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Popular Composite Designs (large) standard power panel, 3 years old almost like new, sells for about $659 new, will sell for $300 if you send me a shipping box addressed to you.

It was working but we took it out to replace with a custom built circuit breaker box with many more additional curcuits to meet our increased needs.
Last edited by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stede52
Premium Member

Molded Highlander Windshields

Post by stede52 »

I'm setting the price of the molded 1/8" acrylic windshields at $350+shipping. The kit will include: installation guidelines, two aluminum brackets, 1/2"OD rivet washers for 1/8" rivets. Other hardware (nuts, bolts, washers, rivets or acrylic drill bits can be provided for an additional cost. I'm going to be receiving a rotax boot cowl next week so I can verify whether of not the windshields will fit and I'll post those results then.
If you're interested contact me at: stede52@comcast.net, or 425-417-7943
Steve D N419LD
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

I'm gonna bite the bullet and get a pair of new wings, because of the variable slats I've always known would be great on the Highlander airframe.

So, I've got a pair of well done wings with MicroVGs and pulley fairings, full strobes and Nav lites, 2-13 gal tanks made with proper resin, and hardly flown for sale, done in Ag Cat Yellow with Tiger Orange Horner wingtips, and all stainless steel cables. "Plug and play".
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

If I do bite the bullet and buy a new Sensenich prop for the plane anyone interested in buying my 3-blade 72in tapered tip with leading nickel edge Warp Drive with spacer? Also have the spinner.
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
HS-JAT
Veteran Member

Post by HS-JAT »

FOR SALE

Iron Designs Tailwheel Assembly

New December 2011. Used 80 hours.

$400 with shipping included.

stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Hey guys,
Someone sent me an email while I was out of town asking about pulling covers and availability. The problem is that I lost the email, please resend your email so I can respond to you. Thanks.
Steve D N419LD
Jamescham

Post by Jamescham »

ULPower 350iS engine. 3.1 hrs TTSN returned to factory for tear down and inspection. SINGLE ECU dual fuel pumps. Catto 72"x34" pitch prop. Complete firewall forward. Price negotiable Contact jimcham@windstream.net 7069391596

Return to “Just Aircraft”