For Sale and Accessories and Upgrades

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Yes, a SIRS compass with top mount.  Like I said earlier it is within 2 degrees.  I know that I do it b@ssakwards but what I do on cross countries is let the GPS get me started and once I am in line I look at the compass for the heading and follow it if needed.  I carry a spar GPS as well.  You can tell by the pic of my panel I use a Lowrance 2000c.  I love it.  It saved me one flight with the ground terrain feature.  
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Homemade Pre-Heater for the Rotax:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Oil Access Door from Just Aircraft
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
preacoupe
Veteran Member

Re: For Sale and Accessories and Upgrades

Post by preacoupe »

Dennis,

I just noticed (since I'm doing my windows and doors now) that you have a gas shock "mounted" to hold your window up. Is that a unit from Spruce? I think they have a couple available but yours looks about right for the space.

Dennis
Tralika
Veteran Member

Post by Tralika »

Here is another DIY Engine Pre-Heater for use when no electric power is available. There seems to no end of things you can do with a .50 ammo can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5bK_ivwXs4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John Nealon
Wasilla, Alaska
Highlander Extreme #191
mykitlog.com/jnealon
warlev
Seasoned Member

Post by warlev »

Anyone need a gallon of u500 glue? I'm going to use Stewart's system. Warren
justaircraft
Seasoned Member

Post by justaircraft »

Please see attached a list of Options and Accessories available.

Thanks,
Harry Berndt
stede52
Premium Member

Rudder Lock

Post by stede52 »

Here is a very clever way to make a rudder lock: https://cid-d2eaa536910e56d7.photos.liv ... =128723660, copy and paste the link to your browser.

Here is a brief explanation on how Jim made it: Split a piece of 5/8" tubing, I think about .035 wall thickness, and welded or epoxy a strap between the two halves. I then pop riveted it to a piece of aluminum and covered it with trunk liner material. The last sketch is one that can be apoxied together, made entirely out of aluminum.

Steve Dentz
Steve D N419LD
stede52
Premium Member

STOL Plate for flaps

Post by stede52 »

Here is another idea from my "brain trust" friend (Jim Pekola) to increase your flap efficiency, aerodynamics 101 :) . I have it from expert authority (Steve Henry) that it works very well and according to Steve it reduced his stall speed by 3-5mph and reduced his takeoff distance. I'm going to be install them on mine as soon as I've completed my prop testing. All that needs to be done is applying a strip of 1.625"X flap length X.025" aluminum to the top of your training edge and over hanging it 5/8". For those of you that haven't covered your wings yet, this would be a great thing to do now. As illustrated by Jim's expert drawing ability :P the plate simply directs the turbulent air flowing between the wing and flap, over the flap itself which makes the flap more affective in slow flight

Steve D
Steve D N419LD
fiferphil
Premium Member

Post by fiferphil »

Put those flap gap spacers on, plus the VG's, it'll be able to hover like a "heppi-clopter" :P :D
Phil Gasbarro
N 61VG (Kit#136)
Mount Vernon, Ohio
fiferphil@ecr.net

When I die, please let me go peacefully in my sleep - like my grandfather...and not screaming and crying like the passengers in his airplane!
SheepdogRD
Proprietor

Re: Rudder Lock

Post by SheepdogRD »

stede52 wrote:Here is a very clever way to make a rudder lock: https://cid-d2eaa536910e56d7.photos.liv ... =128723660, copy and paste the link to your browser.

Here is a brief explanation on how Jim made it: Split a piece of 5/8" tubing, I think about .035 wall thickness, and welded or epoxy a strap between the two halves. I then pop riveted it to a piece of aluminum and covered it with trunk liner material. The last sketch is one that can be apoxied together, made entirely out of aluminum.

Steve Dentz
The illustration site doesn't want to play nicely with my system, even though I have a WindowsLive ID. Is there anywhere else we can view that information?

Thanks . . .

Dick
Richard Holtz
Highlander N570L -- Ms. Tonka -- in gestation

If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.
stede52
Premium Member

Post by stede52 »

Dick,
Here are four of the pictures. Should give you the idea of how it works

Steve D
Steve D N419LD
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Hey Phil. Yes it works great. I also use a GPS of course and sticking my head out the window works good too! :mrgreen:
Dennis
SheepdogRD
Proprietor

Post by SheepdogRD »

stede52 wrote:Here are four of the pictures. Should give you the idea of how it works

Steve D
Yessir, that'll work. We're many months from needing this, but I can have it ready before we're flying. Thanks for the help.

Dick
Richard Holtz

SheepdogRD
Proprietor

Re: STOL Plate for flaps

Post by SheepdogRD »

stede52 wrote:Here is another idea from my "brain trust" friend (Jim Pekola) . . . Steve D
I hadn't heard of Jim before you posted his tips. After some Googling, I find he built the Highlander Extreme, pictured here: http://thunderridgeair.com/Highlander_E ... hamp_.html. His plane won Grand Champion - Light Plane Category at Arlington, WA this year. In the pictures on that link, he has what appear to be fences at the ends of the wings and the elevator, and possibly full-span flaperons. Is there more information on his plane available anywhere? What else has he done that makes it "extreme"?

Thanks . . .

Dick
Richard Holtz

Return to “Just Aircraft”