Pulley Covers Order Now! Have correct email in post.

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Pulley Covers Order Now! Have correct email in post.

Post by scubarider2 »

Ok, for those of you who read about the pulley covers in the wheel pant topic...THEY ARE READY. For those who have no idea what I am talking about...here is what i wrote:
My friend Steve who does the fiberglass work put together 4 "covers" for the wing pulleys. Man they look great. I asked him if he would be willing to make those for other Highlanders and he said yes. So I will get a picture of them for everyone once installed so you can see. They will protect the pulley and opening from wind, rain, etc plus probably add some aerodynamics to the wing. And of course they look great. I believe he will sell them ready for your paint. He told me that he would charge just $80.00 for the four. He will use the "fine" fiberglass that is smooth and somewhat expensive. That way there is not much if any sanding. Just prime it and paint it. They will be applied with the 3M two sided tape. I plan on adding a little silicone on the front side just to catch the wind from hitting the tape.
Can I get an idea of anyone interested??? They will fit both the highlander and escapade. Can't beat the price!

Now I have pictures of the final product. Let me know if you want a set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
FlynFisherman

Re: Pulley Covers for Under the Wing!

Post by FlynFisherman »

Count me in for a set of the pully covers. They look great! Let me know where to send the check. Or PayPal pmt.

Thanks,

Rich
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Thanks. I will check with Steve on how to set up how to order. :wink: You can't paint yours yellow...MINE are yellow! :mrgreen:
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

From Steve:

Pully Covers 4These are handmade using 2 layers of 10oz fiberglass a 1 layer of satin glass. Lightweight but strong. This set contains 4 covers that will be mailed USPS priority mail. For any orders please give me a week of lead time on making your set. They will need some light sanding on the face surface. The satin Glass leaves a pretty smooth surface. Then just prime them and paint them. They are held on with 2 sided tape that can be found at Auto Zone or other like stores. I am charging 80.00 for the set and 5.00 shipping anywhere in the USA. Shipped USPS Priority Mail Total 85.00 You can pay using Paypal and use my email steveww1@windstream.net or money order sent to:
Steve Wagner
31 Briarwood drive
Cleveland, Ga. 30528
Keep the blue side up ( unless your over water )Steve
SteveW

Re: Pulley Covers Order Now! Have correct email in post.

Post by SteveW »

All the pulley covers will come primed and ready to paint.
Also included with the covers I am sending along a instruction sheet of how Dennis and I installed his.
If anyone has any questions they can email me or pick up the phone and give me a shout.
steveww1@windstream.net

Steve Wagner 770-630-0973
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Steve has made up several sets of the pulley covers for anyone wanting to order them. Makes a good Christmas present to yourself! :wink: :wink: :wink:
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Just wanted to say thanks to those of you who bought Steve's pulley covers. Hope you like them. He has sold 5 sets so far. Just to let you know I have had the plane to 120mph and then 110 in some stiff winds with some heavy bumps this past week. The pulley covers held fine. I can't promise they will add mph or not but {it does smooth that location out} they sure look good. Also, you can inspect the pulleys with them on.
Thanks again!
Dennis

Return to “Just Aircraft”