Just Aircraft Annual Fly-IN

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Gary H
Veteran Member

Re: Just Aircraft Annual Fly-IN

Post by Gary H »

I think Wash. State would be good!! Just any old time would work for us out here!! LOL Sounds like we missed a good one. Oh, Billy, PLEASE don't grab any more aligator's,, us Wash. boys arn't used to that! :lol: :lol:
Will fly for food!!
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

Post by ftcaruso »

Because of a computer problem I just got around to posting my photo sheet of the Brasstown fly-in on my web blog.
If you are interested in seeing just a few of the many pictures that I took that weekend, click on the following link.
http://www.haveplanewilltravel.info/Mai ... age325.htm
billy5823
Veteran Member

Post by billy5823 »

hi all.........i have the videos made of the plane fun days..... 1 hour of great footage proffesionally done...so send me 20 dollars and your address and i will send you one out...it turned out really nice......................................................................................................

DATE FOR NEXT YEARS ........PLANE FUN DAYS..........IS THE 2ND WEEKEND IN MAY....PUT IN FOR IT NOW .....WERE GONA HAVE A BLAST..

THANKS BILLY
billy5823
Veteran Member

Post by billy5823 »

well its time to get started on plane fun days....first order of buisness is airport arrivals...nope not at brasstown ,at atlanta. the shuttle to brasstown will be leaving atlanta at 6 pm on friday the 11th. the shuttle will return back to atlanta at 5 pm on sunday the 13th..of course if we need to do something special all u need to do is ask..and i will make it work...
2nd order of buisness is that last year i was supposed to send out a couple of shirts to a few people that couldnt make it...im sorry i had no idea that all the shirts would be gone so fast.. i didnt even get one..but i wanna make sure the ones i didnt get last year gets em first this year so make sure u remind me.
3rd order of buisness ...no scratch that ,firtst order of buisness....practice your short landings cause somebody needs to kick troys ass this year... cant wait
billy5823
Veteran Member

Post by billy5823 »

HI TO ALL,CONCERNING FLIGHTS INTO ATLANTA...I HAVE A YOUNG GENTLEMAN COMING IN JUST A LITTLE AFTER SIX ON FRIDAY SO THE SHUTTLE WILL LEAVE A LITTLE LATER THAN 6 PM. I AM WORKING WITH THE HAMPTON INN FOR A BETTER RATE AND WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW AS SOON AS I FIND OUT.
I AM CONSIDERING A RAFTING TRIP DOWN THE OCOEE RIVER ON SUNDAY SO EVERYONE CAN EXPAND THERE ENJOYMENT WHILE THEY ARE HERE . I WOULD LIKE TO INCLUDE IT IN OUR TOUR OF THE MOUNAINS FLYING PARADE ON SUNDAY..WE WILL FLY TO COPPER HILL AIRPORT NEAR THE RIVER AND RAFT DOWN ,SHOULD TAKE ABOUT 2 HRS TO BE BACK IN THE AIR ..I NEED LOTS OF INPUT ON THIS AND IT WILL HAVE TO BE RSVP..OF COURSE IF WE CANT GET U A RIDE IN A PLANE WE WILL SHUTTLE YOU THERE..PLEASE GET WITH ME AT SUN N FUN AND GIVE ME ALL YOUR THOUGHTS AND NEEDS.. THANKS BILLY ..DONT FORGET MY NUMBER IS 828-557-4833 PLEASE DONT HESITATE TO ASK FOR SPECIAL REQUEST OR NEEDS...
OH AND PRACTICE YOUR SHOOTING FOR THE COYOTE SHOOTING COMPETION....OVER BILLY
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Ok how about starting over with dates, place, etc? Or did I miss something?
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
rmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rmullins »

You missed something. Three posts back. Second weekend in May, same place as last year, Billy's place. I'll be there with two other Highlanders and a Highlander fan will be following us in a Maule.
Rick Mullins  #144
Cincinnati, Oh
billy5823
Veteran Member

Post by billy5823 »

lol dennis,,just so everyone knows .........PLANE FUN DAYS.......WILL BE THE SECOND WEEKEND IN MAY EVERY YEAR.....THANKS BILLY
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Stop laughing :lol: :roll: Just making sure so I don't plan anything on that date. Right now it is set for May 11-13?
Camping is available with hot showers? 8) Or Hampton Inn be better? :D I wanna come this year!
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
billy5823
Veteran Member

Post by billy5823 »

yes dennis i will have a hot shower ready just for you...but im not washing your back. :D ....of course hampton will clean up after you...either is fine...
Carl

Post by Carl »

Billy
What's the scoop? Have you negotiated with the hotel yet? We're ready to make reservations.
Diana (Carl's wife)
billy5823
Veteran Member

Post by billy5823 »

glad you reminded me ...tell them you are with the flyin with billy payne...the rate is 79 per night...phone number is 828 837 1628
hampton inn....

HOTEL RESERVATIONS

HAMPTON INN
828 837 1628
HWY 64W MURPHY NC 28906

OUR RATE IS 79 PER NIGHT TELL THEM YOUR WITH BILLY PAYNE JUST AIRCRAFT FLYIN
billy5823
Veteran Member

Post by billy5823 »

HI ALL,
GETTING CLOSE TO PLANE FUN DAYS...ALL IS GOING WELL...REMEMBER TO LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP MAKE YOUR STAY EASIER..HAVENT HEARD ANY FEED BACK ON RAFTING SO I GUESS WE WILL JUST FLY FLY FLY...

SCHEDULE
FRIDAY -ARRIVING AND HANGING OUT , SAME PROCEDURES AS LAS YEAR...CHECK EARLIER POST
SATURDAY -GAMES START AT 10 TILL WHENEVER..COOKOUT LATER IN THE EVENING
SUNDAY-PARADE OF THE MOUNTAINS..POKER RUN/SCAVENGER HUNT

CONCESSIONS AVAILABLE FRIDAY EVE,SATURDAY TILL 5, SUNDAY TILL WHENEVER
gkremers
Veteran Member

Post by gkremers »

Billy,
As long as the weather is decent I plan on flying in Friday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing the Highlanders and talking with the builders. I've got plenty of questions as I'm closing in on starting the fabric work. Also hoping to get a ride in one. The factory didn't have one available for a demo when I visited last Sept.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Gary
john2
Veteran Member

Post by john2 »

billy5823 wrote:HI ALL,
GETTING CLOSE TO PLANE FUN DAYS...ALL IS GOING WELL...REMEMBER TO LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP MAKE YOUR STAY EASIER..HAVENT HEARD ANY FEED BACK ON RAFTING SO I GUESS WE WILL JUST FLY FLY FLY...

SCHEDULE
FRIDAY -ARRIVING AND HANGING OUT , SAME PROCEDURES AS LAS YEAR...CHECK EARLIER POST
SATURDAY -GAMES START AT 10 TILL WHENEVER..COOKOUT LATER IN THE EVENING
SUNDAY-PARADE OF THE MOUNTAINS..POKER RUN/SCAVENGER HUNT

CONCESSIONS AVAILABLE FRIDAY EVE,SATURDAY TILL 5, SUNDAY TILL WHENEVER
WooooooWhoooooo,

Looks like the wife and I will be driving up on Friday. Will probably have to leave early Sunday. I hope demo rides will be available as I have ordered a Highlander and haven't even flown in one yet. Was at the factory last November but no one was there that could give demo flight that day.

Will you have tee shirts available this year? What kind of turnout are you expecting? Got to call the Hampton!

Thanks,
John C.
Take Care,
John Cooley
Kit #265 converted to SuperSTOL
N265JC reserved

Return to “Just Aircraft”