Just Aircraft Annual Fly-IN

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Sir Real
Seasoned Member

Re: Just Aircraft Annual Fly-IN

Post by Sir Real »

BrentW wrote:
Sir Real wrote:Would you be willing to take a stowaway from Hampton Roads or Chesapeake? I offer 50% of fuel cost and the ability to take up way too much space in your cockpit...
After discussing the factory fly-in with a buddy, I think we are going to take our motorcycles and make a 4 day riding weekend of it, dropping by the flyin on Saturday and maybe the factory on Monday, so the Cessna 170 will have to stay in the hangar for this trip. Sorry.
S'okay. My wife reminded me of a previous commitment to go up to Glouster and help some friends clean up after the tornados anyway.

Hmm... Flying down to the Fly-In, talking to the owners & builders, watching the games, eating barbecue, maybe cadging a ride, flying home; or chainsawing downed trees, hacking & hauling what's left of their garage, loading trucks, etc. Which one sounds like more fun...?

<sigh>
BrentW

Post by BrentW »

Sir Real wrote:
BrentW wrote:
Sir Real wrote:Would you be willing to take a stowaway from Hampton Roads or Chesapeake? I offer 50% of fuel cost and the ability to take up way too much space in your cockpit...
After discussing the factory fly-in with a buddy, I think we are going to take our motorcycles and make a 4 day riding weekend of it, dropping by the flyin on Saturday and maybe the factory on Monday, so the Cessna 170 will have to stay in the hangar for this trip. Sorry.
S'okay. My wife reminded me of a previous commitment to go up to Glouster and help some friends clean up after the tornados anyway.

Hmm... Flying down to the Fly-In, talking to the owners & builders, watching the games, eating barbecue, maybe cadging a ride, flying home; or chainsawing downed trees, hacking & hauling what's left of their garage, loading trucks, etc. Which one sounds like more fun...?

<sigh>

Sorry you can't go this weekend, but they sure need the help in Gloucester. Flew over the tornado track on Sunday, lots of devastation, lots of blue tarps on roof tops, saw one entire roof laying right beside the house it came off of, but mostly everything is just shredded. Still, let's make a point to get together at some point.
rmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rmullins »

I don't want to create any negative waves, but have you considered a rain date?
Last edited by rmullins on Sun May 15, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Mullins  #144
Cincinnati, Oh
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Sure would be nice to be able to come if THERE WERE A RAIN DATE....just saying... :?
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
Lynng
Veteran Member

Post by Lynng »

GOOD MORNING!!

I arrived at Brasstown Airfield last night and the weather is fantastic! We had a little morning fog that burned of by 7:30am and now have some scattered clouds at 3000 and temp of 62F. The front should push thru between 20-2400E and cool air behind it will make for a great weekend. Hurry up guys....I am lonely :(
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Johnny C!
Veteran Member

Post by Johnny C! »

Lynn,
Keep us filled in with the weather updates.

John
There are many things that happen really fast when you are
flying an airplane. There is no sense in rushing any of the others.

I would much rather be looking down at the runway, than up at it.

Duane Sorenson & Rick Norton Gone West 6/8/09. Godspeed
Sir Real
Seasoned Member

Post by Sir Real »

And pics/videos!
Dave

Post by Dave »

BUTTS AND BREASTS

Ok, a shameless teaser.
See, if this teaser gets some of you off the fence to show up for Saturday . Billy is firing up his cherrywood smoker and starting Saturday morning will be smokin' some prime pork butts. And, not to be outdone I'll be layin' down some Amish Country grown "Organic" fresh turkey breasts, rubbed and prepped like none other you have ever had. Dave's award winning, standing "O", smoked turkey breasts. All other butts and breasts are welcome. (Shameless plug, of course). If you have never been to Billy's at Brasstown you won't find a more beautiful place to set 'er down. A Great place for a fly-in.
Come and get em. Or, as we used to say in the military "Smoke'em' If You Got'em'"

Cheers,
dave
rmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rmullins »

It rained almost all day in Cincinnati, and every time I looked at the radar there were lots of red and yellow between me and the party. I'm a low time pilot and I'm still intimidated by making a trip into those conditions. Hope everyone had a good time.
Rick Mullins  #144
Cincinnati, Oh
davidrh

Post by davidrh »

A big THANK YOU to Billy, the entire Payne family, Just Aircraft and all who came for making this the most fun day I've had since getting interested in flying a year and half ago, and for giving Anne such a warm welcome. Hope I have my own plane to join you all next year if I can find a couple of local partners to share in the fun.

David (and Anne) Hourdequin
Hayesville, NC
BrentW

Post by BrentW »

Had an awesome time at the 2nd Factory Flyin on Saturday, and a super visit to the Factory on Monday. I'll add my warmest thanks to Billy, Vic and all the folks there in Brasstown for making us feel so welcome!! :D
billy5823
Veteran Member

Post by billy5823 »

hi all, my wife sent me to the doctor today....she slapped me 4 times and still couldnt get the smile off my face from this weekend....
i have results here and have to apoligize to mike vilardo ....his award fell behind the stereo and i missed it ....good job mike ..sorry
short field landing went to troy woodland..............hey i know.........65 feet.....yes i said 65 feet and thats from a designated line not just where he wanted to land
limbo went to vic payne.....he cleared 9 feet........
short field take off went to lynn gardner.......she flew the crap out of mark delanies tricycle highlander ...........92 feet
bag drop went to steve henry and steven thompson.........an amazing 21 feet.....
balloon pop went to chris christianson.....he stood that escapade on its tale and pop it went
spot landing went to phil largen....what can i say he hit the spot
overall games total went to sam peachey......he done everything very well
most impressive went to mike vilardo.....a low time pilot that made everything look like he had been doin it since birth
peoples choice went to arne kurakyne...his yellow and black starburst plane is so clean
best panel went to sam peachey
most innovative went to mark delanie
best paint went to randy stout
best interior went to gary schmitt
GRAND CHAMPION KEEVIN MOORE

whew i will tell more later.....im hungry......sorry about the spelling

i feel sorry for those who coulnt come .....you missed the best plane fun days ever.....
thank you so much everyone for the help
david myric the food was awesome....thank you
Johnny C!
Veteran Member

Post by Johnny C! »

Billy,
You did a great job with the organization.

Thanks for the invite to your little slice o' heaven.

We had a great time.

I hope to fly Lima Charlie in next year.

Be safe!

John\, Cindy & Lake!
There are many things that happen really fast when you are
flying an airplane. There is no sense in rushing any of the others.

I would much rather be looking down at the runway, than up at it.

Duane Sorenson & Rick Norton Gone West 6/8/09. Godspeed
mw

Post by mw »

Billy looks like you had great event!!!!!!!! I would have loved to bring 308TP back for a home coming and see how it preforms at less that 7500' altitude." JUST " too far away for my work breaks.
mike
billy5823
Veteran Member

Post by billy5823 »

thanks everyone...i want to get the date for nest year soon..so give me input ...memorial day weekend or second weekend in may....please give feedback asap

mike we will get the scheduled quick so you can be here....

Return to “Just Aircraft”