Just Aircraft Annual Fly-IN

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

Re: Just Aircraft Annual Fly-IN

Post by ftcaruso »

Billy- I have made my hotel reservation and right now plan on driving up from Hilton Head (an all day drive for the 480 miles). However, if I do "grow a pair" over the next two weeks and decide, at the last minute, on flying in, just where are you located in relation to the RHP airport and the Harris VOR? I know that I had flown in before, but that was a couple of years ago and my memory is not what it once was.
billy5823
Veteran Member

Post by billy5823 »

look at the post with the pic it has all info on it...10 miles south of rhp 7 miles north of harris...cool fly that bird it needs attention..
billy5823
Veteran Member

Post by billy5823 »

hi all,
everyhing is taking shape for plane fun days.
tenative schedule
friday.. arriving and goofing off
saturday..be ready to fly your but off
9 am limbo
11 am balloon pop
1pm spot landing
take a break and judging and fun flying
3 pm bomb drop
5 pm coyote shoot
7 pm short take off. .. short landing
after all done we will load up in the bus and head down to the cookout grill and have food ,fun, adult beverages,and hopefully alot of naked people dancing on the tables.then load everybody up and deliver to hotel ect.. oh and awards

sunday ..parade of the mountains..ill show yall some of the sites close by and everybody can get fueled up to head home...

man i cant wait...yall let me know if i can help make it easier for you to get here or whatever....just remeber plans are only made to get screwed up so this might change somewhat......thanks billy
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

Looking forward to the fly-in. I will be there Saturday but have the Mother's Day activities on Sunday so can't stay. :(
Really really really hoping for some nice weather this year.
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
billy5823
Veteran Member

Post by billy5823 »

hey everybody ,
everything is looking good for plane fun days..the weather is finally goin to be good..

could everyone flying in commercially text me your times so i can get yall picked up and delivered correctly
828 557 4833 thanks billy
billy5823
Veteran Member

Post by billy5823 »

man yall missed a great day..lots of fun...lots of planes.lots of food,lots of fun,and great weather like tommorow is going to be..
john2
Veteran Member

Post by john2 »

billy5823 wrote:man yall missed a great day..lots of fun...lots of planes.lots of food,lots of fun,and great weather like tommorow is going to be..
It was a very good day. We arrived in Murphy, NC around 2pm local time after 7 hr drive from south Ms. We checked in and then headed to Brasstown. As we pulled in to the field it looked like bees swarming around honey! Guess what the honey was, yep the red/silver SuperStol.
Troy about flew the wings off and gave a bunch of rides. The wind had laid down and it was a great afternoon for flying. Hope the rain holds off today.

John Cooley
Kit #265 converted to SuperStol
Take Care,
John Cooley
Kit #265 converted to SuperSTOL
N265JC reserved
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

I could not come in on Friday which the weather was good due to having to work. Well got up this morning and jumped in the plane. Pretty sunny overhead. I got up to 3000ft and headed north. Staring me in the face were black clouds hovering over the mountains ahead of me. I thought ok...going to keep going to see if they were just broken. Nope. Started to rain. Then could not see the mountain tops through the clouds. So, one more year of disappointment not being able to fly to the fly-in. I turned around and the rain was still on my tail. I put the plane away in the hangar, cleaned a bit then just came home. Hope those of you there have a great day and the weather holds for you.
:cry:
Dennis from Cleveland, GA
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...
rmullins
Veteran Member

Post by rmullins »

Similar story here. Rained buckets all day Friday. Got up Saturday morning to 800 foot ceilings and plenty of rain between Ohio and NC. Hope everyone has a great time. I hated to miss it.

Billie,, you need to pick a dryer month.
Rick Mullins  #144
Cincinnati, Oh
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Post by scubarider2 »

I agree Rick...maybe next year a different time, not on Mother's Day weekend and sometime dryer. :?
Dennis
songwright

Post by songwright »

Lots of fun and great flying today - already looking forward to next year!
john2
Veteran Member

Post by john2 »

A little rain Saturday but not bad. All in all it was great. Billy, Vic and the gang outdone themselves. Had a big party last night at the motorcycle shop. Great food, great company, great entertainment and great time. Met some great folks from the forum and some great folks not on the forum. Today was pretty, sunny and windy. We had the Ohio Bush Planes grand master (Greg Swindle) show up this morning. He tried to make it yesterday evening but had to turnaround due to low ceiling. Looking forward to next year already.

Take Care
John Cooley
#265 converted to SuperStol
Take Care,
John Cooley
N265JC reserved
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

Hey gang,
I certainly don't want to rub it in to those of you that couldn't come, but you missed one heck of a good time. What a great bunch of people. Vic and Billy could not have been more welcoming, and one certainly couldn't have asked for more gracious or accommodating hosts. Gary, Troy and the rest of the factory crew were great, as always. The experience far exceeded my expectations.
My wife was not able to come this year, but I have already told her I'm bringing her with me next year. I know she will enjoy it, and then I'm sure she'll see that this is as much about being around really really good people, as it is about the airplanes. I got to meet people face to face for the first time, met up with people I have known for a while, and met lots of new friends as well. I really can't imagine how it could have been better, other than perhaps a bit more stable weather so more could have joined us.
Headed to the factory for a few days now, and headed home on Wednesday.
Best,
Ben Schneider
Highlander #263 converted to SuperSTOL
N45FT Now Flying!
http://www.stolairplane.com
ftcaruso
Seasoned Member

Post by ftcaruso »

As some you know, for the past half dozen years I have been posting some of my travels with my Highlander, on line, in my web blog, http://www.haveplanewilltravel.info

Here is my latest posting with regard to this weekends fly-in

http://www.haveplanewilltravel.info/Mai ... ,%20NC.pdf
john2
Veteran Member

Post by john2 »

All,

Just for the record cause everyone thinks Troy is a great pilot, and he is pretty good, but Gary can hold his own and kicked Troy's butt in the short landing competition. It was funny watching them plonk down the SuperStol aircraft and then slide to a stop because the grass was wet.
I will post a picture later this afternoon when I get home of my truck loaded with my SuperStol wings. I was able to go by the factory after the fly-in and pick them up. Left the factory around 6 pm eastern time yesterday and got home 8 hours later, 1 am central time this morning. Looking forward to next years fly-in already aleady. I plan to have a SuperStol there for the event. :D

Take Care,
John Cooley
Highlander #265 converted to SuperStol (my wings have landed at home, woooohoooo) :D :D
Take Care,
John Cooley
N265JC reserved

Return to “Just Aircraft”