How about some panel pictures?

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
957DK
Seasoned Member

Re: How about some panel pictures?

Post by 957DK »

Here's mine. Simple and it works great
Garmin Aera796 gps, GTR225 com, GDL39R ADSB receiver
Dynon Flightdek D180 with AOA probe
Trig TT22 mode s-es xpndr
Flightcom Intercom
Ack406 ELT

panel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

Thought I would join in here. This is my panel in N45FT. I have removed the Garmin 696, and now have a cell phone mount there. I decided against the 696 after flying with it for a while. I plan to use Foreflight, probably on my Iphone when I travel. But I have found it nice to have my phone mounted there for music.

Panel includes,
Dynon D180
Garmin GTR200 Com/Audio
Sandia STX165
and AmeriKing ELT display
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best,
Ben Schneider
Highlander #263 converted to SuperSTOL
N45FT Now Flying!
http://www.stolairplane.com
FredHoffman
Veteran Member

Post by FredHoffman »

Glad this thread is rolling again, the panel building has been the most fun part of the build.......

Fred
FlyerChief
Veteran Member

Post by FlyerChief »

Here's the panel in C-FDEP the "Fire Plane".
The two 3 1/8" gauges near the middle are the MGL Flight 2 and the MGL E1 that let me meet the requirements for basic VFR. There are two i-Pads connected by WiFi to the Stratus II sitting on the glare shield and run Foreflight on the screens. The two devices near the center and just below the panel are thermostats, which are not turned on in this photo. They display carb temperatures and turn on small electric heaters mounted to the carbs near the butterflies. I just set the minimum temperature I want them and they look after the carb ice issue automatically. The mic and headset audio jacks are mounted behind the seats so you won't find any on the panel. The rest is fairly self explanatory. And yes... the "Ejection Seat" switch has been there since I finished the plane 2 years ago. There is usually a time in every flight where there is a moment of silence from the passenger and puzzled look when they finally spot it right in front of them. I'm thinking that I should install a small actuator that thumps against the bottom of their seat when it's pressed... the reaction would be priceless!
Dans iPad Panel 3.jpg
Dan
Highlander #241
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. ~Henry Ford
SheepdogRD
Proprietor

Post by SheepdogRD »

SuperFly wrote:I have removed the Garmin 696, and now have a cell phone mount there.
Looks good, Ben. Do you have a picture of the panel without the Aera? (I'd like to see the switch layout behind it.)
Richard Holtz
Highlander N570L -- Ms. Tonka -- in gestation

If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

Ill get one Dick, should have tonight to post.
Best,
Ben Schneider
N45FT Now Flying!
av8rps
Veteran Member

Post by av8rps »

Our Just fleet sure has some nice panels out there. It is especially interesting to see what kind of glass you guys are using, as it seems there are now countless options. And frankly, I am finding it hard to figure out which direction to go with all that? Seems there could be a need to attend night school just to learn all of the many features of the many choices :lol:

I really like the idea of an I pad working with software, but one still needs a seperate engine management device in addition if you want electronic engine monitoring...correct?
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

Dick, here is a picture of the panel without the 696. Contrary to what the picture may look like, I do not eat potato chips with my throttle hand.
The flat black powder coat shows that terrible when you try to take a picture of it. Just looking at it, you can barely see it, but when the camera flashes, it shows terrible. Without the flash you cant see anything.
IMG_0748.JPG
Best,
Ben Schneider
N45FT Now Flying!
User GDS
Veteran Member

Post by User GDS »

Dick, here is a picture of the panel without the 696.
Very nice installation, what fuse block did you use and where did you get it?
GDS
So Cal
Highlander #232
Rotax 912ULS, Dynon Skyview
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

GDS,
Thank you for the compliment.

The fuse block came from SteinAir. They have all kinds of good stuff if you are not familiar with them, they are great people to deal with, very knowledgeable, and very helpful. They do everything from sell one switch, to building entire panels, and everything in between. Fantastic people.

I bought nearly everything electronic I used from Stein and his gang, except for the Dynon which I bought used. Cant say enough good about them, highly recommend.
Best,
Ben Schneider
N45FT Now Flying!
SheepdogRD
Proprietor

Post by SheepdogRD »

Thanks for the quick reply, Ben. I'm still planning on the same Nuckolls wiring diagram you used, and am interested in your switch and fuse configuration. I'll dig into that further.

The Perihelion switchguards look just right.

A couple of other things caught my attention:

- Those are comfortable-looking stick grips -- where did you find them? Are your sticks curved?
- Where did you get the Choke/Cabin Heat/Parking Brake cables?
- And your panel fasteners -- are they Allen head or Torx?
Richard Holtz
Highlander N570L -- Ms. Tonka -- in gestation

If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.
SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

Dick,

The stick grips were custom made in the Chech Republic. They customized the grip with the label for Nitrous for me. They are very very nice. I do wish the seam was on the right instead of the left, as I fly left handed, and throttle right hand. So I always have my hand on the stitches, but they are still very comfortable. Very happy with them.

http://www.glidinglabs.eu/portfolio/thestick-leather/

The cables came from Mcfarlane.

http://www.mcfarlaneaviation.com/

The screws are actually both. the flush ones are Torx, and the protruding heads are allen. Both are SS bolts that I bought through Micro Fasteners. I also used similar screws to mount the windshield.

https://www.microfasteners.com/

Hope these help.
Best,
Ben Schneider
N45FT Now Flying!
Strasnuts
Forum Regular

Post by Strasnuts »

Here is N86BC
Hopefully ready in a couple months. Covered in red Oratex, 130hp.

SuperFly
Veteran Member

Post by SuperFly »

Looks great Strasnuts. Garmin G3X touch?
Best,
Ben Schneider
N45FT Now Flying!
User GDS
Veteran Member

Post by User GDS »

GDS,
Thank you for the compliment.

The fuse block came from SteinAir. They have all kinds of good stuff if you are not familiar with them, they are great people to deal with, very knowledgeable, and very helpful. They do everything from sell one switch, to building entire panels, and everything in between. Fantastic people.

I bought nearly everything electronic I used from Stein and his gang, except for the Dynon which I bought used. Cant say enough good about them, highly recommend.
I used Steinair for all of my panel construction, they have excellent quality parts and tools. I bought one of their connector kits, expensive but having aircraft quality hardware is well worth it. I haven't seen a fuse block that flush mounts to the front like yours. It's been a couple of years since I used them, I'll go through their website.

thanks GDS
GDS
So Cal
Highlander #232
Rotax 912ULS, Dynon Skyview

Return to “Just Aircraft”